Moncton Hands Storm Rare Home Loss
(Charlottetown, PE) After getting their hats handed to them in Saint John Saturday night, the Moncton Miracles came back with a strong effort Sunday afternoon in Charlottetown to beat the Island STORM 120-111 in front of 1,706 at Eastlink Centre. The STORM fought back from a 14 point deficit in the 2nd quarter to tie the game at halftime at 56.
Brandon Robinson led the STORM with 24 points and 10 rebounds while Nick Evans scored 22 to go along with 12 rebounds. Sammy Zeglinski had 11 assists.
Trayvon Lathan and Shawn Vanzant each scored 24 for Moncton. Lathan also grabbed 11 rebounds.
With the win Moncton moves to 11-12 on the season while the STORM fall to 15-8, still with a 4.5 game lead in the Atlantic Division pending the outcome of the Halifax-Saint John game Sunday afternoon in Halifax.
The STORM hit the road to Ontario this week playing games at Mississauga and Brampton. The STORMs next home game comes Saturday February 7th at Eastlink Centre at 7pm against Moncton.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 25, 2015
- Halifax Halts Mill Rats Streak at Five - Halifax Rainmen
- A's Strike Back for 1st Road Win in London - Orangeville A's
- Lightning Fall to A's - London Lightning
- Moncton Hands Storm Rare Home Loss - Island Storm
- Mill Rats Win Streak Stopped in Halifax - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.