Lightning Fall to A's
(LONDON, Ontario) - Sunday afternoon, in front of 5,840 fans at Budweiser Gardens, the London Lightning fell to the Brampton A's, 116-119 .
The Lightning now stand at 12-9.
"We fell apart defensively during crucial parts of the game. The only thing left to do is prepare for Friday," said Coach Carlos Knox.
The Lightning's top performer was Marvin Phillips with 27 points and 13 rebounds.
"Today we had a lot of ups and downs. We didn't pull off a win today due to mental lapses and missed assignments on defense," said Phillips. "We're going to work really hard this week in practice and be ready for the A's on Friday."
Both Emmanuel Little and Brent Jennings scored 18 points. Little also chipped in 11 rebounds.
The Lightning play their next game on the road in Brampton on January 30. The Bolts then play back to back games against the Express on Wednesday, February 4 in Windsor, and on Thursday, February 5 in London.
Tip-off for February 5 is at 7:00 p.m. and tickets are available through the Budweiser Gardens Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 25, 2015
- Halifax Halts Mill Rats Streak at Five - Halifax Rainmen
- A's Strike Back for 1st Road Win in London - Orangeville A's
- Lightning Fall to A's - London Lightning
- Moncton Hands Storm Rare Home Loss - Island Storm
- Mill Rats Win Streak Stopped in Halifax - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.