Halifax Halts Mill Rats Streak at Five
Sunday afternoon the Halifax Rainmen returned to the Scotiabank Centre a different team, erasing the memories of a subpar road-trip, with a 119-115 victory over the streaking Saint John Mill Rats. With the victory Halifax moves to 11-12 on the season, with nine games remaining on the schedule.
Halifax started the game strong, hoping that an explosive first quarter would set the stage for the game. Up 32-20 after 12 minutes of play Halifax looked poised to add to the substantial lead, however the Mill Rats fought their way back into the game, putting up 34 points in the second quarter. With the game tied at 54 through the first two quarters of play fans in attendance knew they were in for a wild second half. Foul trouble proved costly for the Rainmen all game, as the Mill Rats were able to capitalize on 27 of their 37 trips to the line. Halifax would regain their 12 point lead, 90-78, heading into the final frame, where their ability to convert points from turnovers, 22 in total, would prove to be the difference. With time winding down the Rainmen would seal the game by making several trips to the free throw line.
Kevin Young had a double double to lead all Rainmen, with 22 points and 14 rebounds. Forrest Fisher put away 21 points, with 15 coming from beyond the arc. Liam McMorrow, making his home debut for the Rainmen, had 16 points and 6 rebounds on the night. Chris Cayole also contributed 16 points in the winning effort. The Saint John Mill Rats were led by Kenny Jones who had a double double, racking up 22 points and 10 boards. Darian Mency also had 22 points on the night for Saint John.
The Halifax Rainmen return to the Scotiabank Centre on Friday, February 6th when they play host to the Brampton A's. This will be Brampton's only regular season visit to Halifax. Tickets are available and can be purchased at the Scotiabank Centre Box Office, by visiting Ticket Atlantic, or through www.rainmenbasketball.ca
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 25, 2015
- Halifax Halts Mill Rats Streak at Five - Halifax Rainmen
- A's Strike Back for 1st Road Win in London - Orangeville A's
- Lightning Fall to A's - London Lightning
- Moncton Hands Storm Rare Home Loss - Island Storm
- Mill Rats Win Streak Stopped in Halifax - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse