MLS Fines Jozy Altidore, Marc Dos Santos and Matias Almeyda for Public Criticism
December 3, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - MLS Commissioner Don Garber announced today that Toronto FC forward Jozy Altidore has been issued an undisclosed fine for his postgame comments regarding the officiating during Toronto's MLS Cup match against Seattle Sounders FC on Nov. 10. These comments are in violation of the league's public criticism policy.
The MLS Commissioner announced today that Vancouver Whitecaps FC head coach Marc Dos Santos has been issued an undisclosed fine for his comments regarding the league during an interview published on Nov. 4. His comments are in violation of the league's public criticism policy.
Additionally, MLS Commissioner Garber announced today that San Jose Earthquakes head coach Matias Almeyda has been issued an undisclosed fine for his postgame comments regarding the officiating during San Jose's match against Atlanta United on Sept. 21. These comments are in violation of the league's public criticism policy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 3, 2019
- Toronto FC Selects Juan Agudelo in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Toronto FC
- MLS Fines Jozy Altidore, Marc Dos Santos and Matias Almeyda for Public Criticism - MLS
- FC Cincinnati and Toronto FC Acquire Players in Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Select Defender Saad Abdul-Salaam in Stage 2 of 2019 MLS Re-Entry Process - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 NWSL Draft to Take Place in Baltimore, MD on January 16 - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Names Elliot Fall General Manager - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Names Freddy Juarez Head Coach - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC to Hold 2019 Alliance Annual Business Meeting Tonight - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Eligible Player List Announced for Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process on Tuesday - MLS
- FC Dallas Trades Dominique Badji to Nashville SC - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.