MLS Eligible Player List Announced for Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process on Tuesday
December 3, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer today announced the list of players eligible for selection in Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process, which will take place at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday, and will be the final postseason roster mechanism of the 2019 calendar year.
Similar to the End-of-Year Waivers Process and Stage 1 on the Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 is conducted in the same reverse order of the 2019 season finish, keeping in mind postseason performance and any trades impacting the selection order.
During the Re-Entry Process, MLS clubs can select from three types of eligible players:
Option-declined players who are at least 23 years old with a minimum of three service years
Out-of-contract players who are at least 25 years old with a minimum of four service years and whose clubs did not wish to re-sign at their previous salary
Free Agents that choose to participate.Any players, who were eligible for Stage 1, but not selected, will again be available for Stage 2.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 3, 2019
- Toronto FC Selects Juan Agudelo in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Toronto FC
- MLS Fines Jozy Altidore, Marc Dos Santos and Matias Almeyda for Public Criticism - MLS
- FC Cincinnati and Toronto FC Acquire Players in Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Select Defender Saad Abdul-Salaam in Stage 2 of 2019 MLS Re-Entry Process - FC Cincinnati
- 2020 NWSL Draft to Take Place in Baltimore, MD on January 16 - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Names Elliot Fall General Manager - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Names Freddy Juarez Head Coach - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC to Hold 2019 Alliance Annual Business Meeting Tonight - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Eligible Player List Announced for Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process on Tuesday - MLS
- FC Dallas Trades Dominique Badji to Nashville SC - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.