MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced
July 23, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - D.C. United midfielder Felipe Martins has been suspended for one match and issued an undisclosed fine for serious foul play against Montreal Impact defender Victor Wanyama in the 35th minute of the D.C. United match against the Montreal Impact on July 21.
The play was reviewed under Disciplinary Committee Parameter #3, in which the Disciplinary Committee may act where the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) acknowledges an on-field referee or Video Review error, and where the Committee is unanimous that the play warrants at least a one match suspension as a clear and unequivocal red card, is egregious and/or repeat behavior in nature, and/or the Committee must act to protect player safety or the integrity of the game.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 23, 2020
- Toronto FC Set to Face New York City FC in Round of 16 - Toronto FC
- Whitecaps FC to Face Sporting Kansas City on Sunday in MLS Is Back Tournament - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Dallas Presents Host City Plan to FIFA for 2026 Fifa World Cup - FC Dallas
- 'Caps storm back after weather delay, advance to Round of 16 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Partners with Clear to Provide Free Co-Branded Masks to All Banc of Califorina Stadium Guests - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake to Face San Jose in MLS Is Back Tournament Round of 16 - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire Football Club Falls 2-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes to Face Real Salt Lake in MLS Is Back Tournament Round of 16 on July 27 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC to Face Portland Timbers Tonight in Final Group Stage Match of the MLS Is Back Tournament - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC to Face Minnesota United FC in MLS Is Back Tournament Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, July 28 - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Tie Minnesota United FC - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Secure Second Place of Group D with Draw against Colorado - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.