Minor League Baseball Delays Opening Day
St. Petersburg, FL - Minor League Baseball (MiLB) issued the following statement today:
"In light of the current coronavirus outbreak, and after consultation with medical professionals and our partners at Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball will delay the start of the 2020 Championship Season. We will continue to monitor the developments and will announce additional information about the 2020 season at a later date. We will work with Major League Baseball and our community partners to resume play as soon as it is safe to do so. The health and safety of Minor League Baseball fans, players and executives is our top priority, and our thoughts are with those around the world who have been affected by this outbreak."
The Drillers were scheduled to begin the season on Thursday, April 9 by hosting Frisco at ONEOK Field. The new Opening Night date will be announced as soon as possible.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Update on 2020 Frisco RoughRiders Season - Frisco RoughRiders
- Statements from Minor League Baseball and the Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Minor League Baseball Delays Opening Day - Tulsa Drillers
- Sod Poodles Statement Regarding 2020 Season - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.