Minnesota United FC vs. Los Angeles FC Preview
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Things may always be sunny in Philadelphia, but the Union experienced a rainy night in Saint Paul. MNUFC ended Philadelphia's six-game unbeaten streak with a come-from-behind 3-2 win. Goals from Adrien Hunou, Robin Lod and Franco Fragapane gave Minnesota United a vital three points in front of a loyal home crowd and pushed them up the table to sixth place. Next up, the Loons face LAFC at Allianz Field this Saturday. With the regular season winding down and LAFC just four points back of the Loons, the three points up for grabs are more important than ever. LAFC are fresh off of their own 3-2 win on Wednesday night over FC Dallas. However, Saturday's game will be the second in three days that LAFC will be playing on the road. If the Loons are to continue their current win streak, they will need to shut LAFC down early and make the most of their homefield advantage.
Training Assets available to download:
Head Coach Adrian Heath
Midfielder Wil Trapp
Midfielder Ozzie Alonso
OSVALDO ALONSO ON FACING LAFC...
SPA: "Un partido difícil. Sabemos que están, ellos, cerca de nosotros, que vienen para aca para buscar el resultado que lo ponga cerca a los Playoffs. Y nosotros estamos en casa, tenemos que salir con todo, como hemos hasta hora y dar lo mejor de cada uno. Creo que mentalmente prepáranos, que es un partido importante, pero que estamos en casa, tenemos que salir con alegría, entusiasmo y a dar lo mejor de cada uno."
ENG: "A difficult match. We know that they are close to us, that they are coming here looking for a result that will bring them closer to the Playoffs. And we're at home, we have to go out with everything, as we have until now and give the best of each one. I think mentally, prepare ourselves because this is an important match, we have to go out with joy, enthusiasm and each give our best."
WIL TRAPP ON THE DEPTH OF THE SQUAD...
"We've been clamoring and fighting trying to get everybody healthy all year. I think you saw on Wednesday, probably, the first time where we had almost everybody on the field that we want on the field. You had guys scoring goals, you had guys producing and then guys coming on to the field to contribute and that's huge. When you get to this point in the season, it's about which teams can be performing at their best and which teams can be as healthy as possible as well."
The last time Minnesota United and LAFC met back in late July, the game ended with a 2-2 draw in Los Angeles. Since then, the two have floated near each other in the Western Conference, mostly with MNUFC above the playoff line and LAFC below. But despite now sitting three spots above LAFC, the Loons only have four more points than the Black and Gold. No surprise, then, how vital three points would be for either side come Saturday. It's possible that two of LAFC's most important players - Carlos Vela and Eduard Atuesta - will be unavailable at the weekend. Their absence might make the road to a home win a little clearer, but that doesn't mean the Loons can afford to take their opponent lightly. In order to keep all three points available in Saint Paul this Saturday, the Loons will need to come prepared for a tight game and maintain the momentum they have generated in their last two games.
FIRST TOUCHES: With his ninth and 10th assists on the season, Reynoso has climbed into a five-way tie for fifth in assists. His 81 shots are also fifth-most in the league.
PLAYER AVAILABILITY REPORT:
McMaster - Thigh
Metanire - Suspended
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 23, 2021
- FC Cincinnati Falls in MiamiÃÂ - FC Cincinnati
- With 31,308 Fans in Attendance, Chicago Fire FC Defeat Real Salt Lake 1-0 at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Timbers Drop Road Result against Colorado Rapids - Portland Timbers
- Inter Miami CF Earns Historic 5-1 Victory over FC Cincinnati - Inter Miami CF
- Loons Maintain Playoff Position with Tie against LAFC - Minnesota United FC
- Toronto FC Knots up CF Montréal - Club de Foot Montreal
- Real Salt Lake Suffer Setback at Chicago in 0-1 Loss - Real Salt Lake
- Playoff Bound: Rapids Secure Spot in Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs for Second Season in a Row - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids Secure Playoff Berth, 300th All-Time Win in 2-0 Victory over Portland - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Falls in Road Match to Philadelphia Union - Nashville SC
- Toronto FC (1) - CF Montréal (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Kacper Przybylko scores 11th of the season; Union take second place in the Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- NYCFC Blows out D.C. United - New York City FC
- New York Defeats Columbus Crew 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Suffers 2-1 Home Loss to Sporting Kansas City - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting Clinches Playoff Berth with Win at Seattle - Sporting Kansas City
- Supporters' Shield Secured as Revolution Visit Orlando City SC with More History on the Line - New England Revolution
- New England Revolution Earn Top Seed in Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs Winning the Supporters' Shield - MLS
- Earthquakes Host Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- New England Revolution Win 2021 Supporters' Shield as Major League Soccer's Regular Season Champions - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Travels to Austin to Close Three-Game Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Midfielder Sergio Oregel to Homegrown Player Contract - Chicago Fire FC
- Orlando City Hosts New England Revolution on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- MLS and Wells Fargo Recognize 27 Community MVPs; Contribute Nearly $70,000 to Local Charitable Organizations - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Los Angeles FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- MNUFC2 Joins MLS Next Pro for Inaugural Season
- MNUFC Forward Patrick Weah Undergoes Succesful ACL Surgery
- MNUFC 2021 End of Season Roster Update
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair
- Allianz Field to Host USMNT Home World Cup Qualifier against Honduras