Miners Postponed at River City
O'Fallon, MO - The Southern Illinois Miners' game at River City on Tuesday, May 21 has been postponed due to threat of severe weather in the St. Louis area Tuesday night.
The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Wednesday, May 22, beginning at 5:05 p.m. at CarShield Field with game two following about 30-45 minutes after the conclusion of game one. Chase Cunningham will pitch in the series opener for the Miners.
The Southern Illinois Miners are the Frontier League's most-successful franchise since debuting in 2007, winning the 2012 Frontier League Championship as well as division titles in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. They have been awarded the Frontier League Organization of the Year award three times since their inception, and also set a new Frontier League attendance record in their inaugural season. For ticket information, contact the box office at (618) 998-8499. For additional information, visit our website at www.southernillinoisminers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Boomers Blank Lake Erie in Homestand Opener - Schaumburg Boomers
- Miners Postponed at River City - Southern Illinois Miners
- Grizzlies' Tuesday Game Postponed - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Return Home for Weekend Set with Miners - Florence Freedom
- ThunderBolts Win Pitchers' Duel with Late Score - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Joliet Slammers Announce Multi-Year Partnership with DuPage Medical Group - Joliet Slammers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.