Milwaukee Wave Named Dvision Champs, Secure Playoff Spot After Win against Orlando
The Six-Time Champion Milwaukee Wave secured a playoff spot, and was named the South-Central Division Champion after a blowout win against the Orlando SeaWolves today at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. The Wave had their highest score of the season thus far, with 13 goals on the board by the end of the game.
Final score, Milwaukee Wave: 13, Orlando SeaWolves: 2 BOXSCORE | GAMESHEET | REPLAY
"We have an amazing group of guys who work hard and are committed all the way through," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. "That certainly showed tonight with a very dominating performance but to clinch a playoff spot and seal up a very competitive South-Central division; that speaks volumes about our team."
It was a definite team effort for the Wave today at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Both Milwaukee Wave forward #26 Ian Bennett, and forward #24 Max Ferdinand lead the Wave win with hat-tricks. #14 Alex Bradley scored 2 goals, and additionally #99 Andre Hayne, #9 Robert Renaud, #28 Angel "Chino" Curiel, #77 Marcio Leite and #10 Ricardinho Sobreira scored to put the Wave further in the lead.
"Clinching this early is fantastic," said Milwaukee Wave Forward Ian Bennett. "We're focused, we're hungry, and we're ready to tear it up. It was a great team win today, and we're just ready for the next."
Both Ian Bennett and Max Ferdinand were named Professional Construction INC's 'Hardest Working Player of the Game'. The two lead the team against Orlando with a combined 6 goals, and 3 assists.
The Milwaukee Wave will take on the St. Louis Ambush on Sunday, March 17^th for the Sham-Rock the Arena game. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:05PM CDT.
Get tickets and more information by visiting MilwaukeeWave.com .
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 9, 2019
- Milwaukee Wave Named Dvision Champs, Secure Playoff Spot After Win against Orlando - Milwaukee Wave
- Heat Get a Road Win in Mississauga, Defeat Metro Stars 8-4 - Harrisburg Heat
- MetroStars Drop 8-4 Decision to Heat - Mississauga MetroStars
- Fury Adds Scottish Defender Troy McKerrell to Roster - Ontario Fury
- San Diego Sockers Saddened by the Passing of Former Executive Jack Daely - San Diego Sockers
- Stars Open up in Second Half, Beat Turlock 9-5 - Tacoma Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Wave Advance to MASL Eastern Conference Final After Defeating Kansas City Comets Saturday Afternoon
- Wave Defeats Rival Comets in Physical Game One of MASL Playoffs
- MASL Playoffs Game 1 - Thursday in KC 7:35pm
- Milwaukee Wave Closes out Regular Season with a Victory
- Wave Close Regular Season against Rival Comets Sunday 1:05pm at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.