MGM Television and Major League Soccer Collaborate on Reality Competition Series Featuring Charlotte FC
CHARLOTTE, NC - Charlotte FC today announced the Club will be the focus of a new sports competition series, "WELCOME TO THE TEAM (w/t)", currently in development by MGM Television and Major League Soccer. Led by renowned television executives Mark Burnett and Barry Poznick, the project aims to provide viewers unparalleled access into the journey of a group of soccer players from around the globe competing for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join Charlotte Football Club during the inaugural season in 2022.
"At Charlotte FC, we're very invested in providing soccer players across the world the opportunity to be part of a great organization where they can grow and develop as professionals," said Owner David Tepper. "By partnering with MGM Television and Major League Soccer to be the first MLS club featured in this new and groundbreaking series, we're bringing soccer fans in the United States closer to "the beautiful game" that we're playing in the Carolinas, with different and exclusive content delivered in a way that has never been done before."
The series will provide 24/7 access as players live and train together while being put to the test to prove they have what it takes to become part of the Club's inaugural roster. The group of players will be scouted and selected by Charlotte FC, led by the Club's Sporting Director Zoran Krneta. Hardcore soccer fans will have a rare and exclusive look behind the scenes as they experience rigorous training through elite-level drills and face intense competition in games. Krneta will also lead a panel of judges alongside Club President Nick Kelly, and a rotating panel of soccer legends and celebrity fans, who will evaluate the footballers throughout the series. Based on the results, players will be eliminated from consideration at the end of episodes before a group of finalists reach the season finale where one player will be awarded a spot to play for Charlotte FC.
"With unparalleled accessÂ toÂ top athletesÂ trying to earn aÂ spotÂ onÂ a major league sports team,Â 'WELCOME TO THE TEAMÂ (w/t)'Â will be the definitive sports competition series," said MGM's Worldwide Television ChairmanÂ Mark Burnett,Â who has produced some of the most legendary programsÂ of this genreÂ in history, including "Survivor,"Â "The Voice,"Â and "Shark Tank."
Added Barry Poznick, President of Unscripted Television and Orion Television at MGM:Â "Putting competitors through their paces is something we have done for survivors, singers and entrepreneurs. NowÂ we are working with Major League SoccerÂ and CharlotteÂ FCÂ to showcaseÂ professional soccer playersÂ who will stop at nothing to prove they have what it takes to be the last athlete standing."Â
"Major League Soccer is excited about this innovative project to introduce our newest club to MLS fans, and to do it with MGM, one of the biggest names in reality television, only adds to the opportunity" said Seth Bacon, MLS SVP, Media. "We believe this program will showcase MLS to new fans and provide our existing fans an even closer look at our league and players."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 6, 2021
- Proof of Vaccination Or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required at Dignity Health Sports Park Events Beginning October 8 - Los Angeles FC
- CLTFC Player Update: October 2021 - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit the New York Red Bulls on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Quakes Midfielder Chofis Named MLS Player of the Month - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Midfielder Eduardo López Voted MLS Player of the Month for September - MLS
- Red Bull Arena Teams up with Applied Silver, Inc. and Astreea Ensuring Continued Health and Safety - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Television and Major League Soccer Collaborate on Reality Competition Series Featuring Charlotte FC - Charlotte FC
- New England Revolution Viewing Guide - October FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- MGM Television and Major League Soccer Collaborate on Reality Competition Series - MLS
- A Dominate Force: A Look Inside the Numbers of Kellyn Acosta with the USMNTÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: October 6, 2021 - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.