Mayhem Trade Ryan Salkeld to Mississippi for Mike Moroso
MACON, GA- The Macon Mayhem and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Kerr announced on Wednesday that the team has acquired forward Mike Moroso from the Mississippi RiverKings in exchange for forward Ryan Salkeld.
Moroso, 26, played 33 games for the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs this season before being placed on waivers on February 3rd and signed by Mississippi. In 33 games, the Macomb, MI native had seven goals, 11 assists and 18 points. Last season, the 5-11, 194-pound forward had eight goals, nine assists and 17 points in 36 games. Moroso played four years collegiately at the ACHA Division I level between Western Michigan University and Adrian College. In four seasons, he had 62 goals, 59 assists and 121 points over 103 games.
"I think Mike [Moroso] will add some different elements to our team," said Kerr. "We know he can score the puck, and we've seen that first hand. I think he'll help our team get out of this little rut we're in and help us down to stretch."
Salkeld, 26, in his second season in the SPHL, has tallied 12 goals, 11 assists, 23 points and a plus-18 rating in 32 games this season. The Portsmouth, VA native started his SPHL career with a six-game stint with Fayetteville at the beginning of the 2016-17 season. Salkeld joined the Mayhem in mid-November of 2018, tallying four points with three assists and one goal. Salkeld's first career SPHL goal came in a 5-3 victory over Fayetteville on November 18, 2016.
The Mayhem are at home on Sunday afternoon against the Peoria Rivermen. For ticket information, visit MaconMayhem.com or call the Mayhem Front Office at (478) 803-1592.
Images from this story
Mike Moroso with the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Mayhem Trade Ryan Salkeld to Mississippi for Mike Moroso - Macon Mayhem
- RiverKings Trade for Salkeld, Make Other Moves - Mississippi RiverKings
- Brad Barone Returned from ECHL Reading - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Macon Mayhem Stories
- Mayhem Re-Sign Zach Urban, Add Gordon Defiel to Create Strong Goaltending Tandem
- John Siemer Re-Signs for Third Season with Mayhem
- Mayhem Release Full Regular Season Schedule
- Mayhem Ink Pair of Defensemen to Bolster Blue Line
- Mayhem Bring Back Former SPHL Playoffs MVP Jordan Ruby for 2018-19 Season