Mavericks Sign Defenseman Brock Wilson
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Wednesday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has signed defenseman Brock Wilson. The Des Peres, Missouri native will join the Mavericks for the team's game in Fort Worth on Friday night. Also, the Mavericks have placed defenseman J.P. Testwuide on team suspension.
Wilson, 28 (10/15/84), is a veteran of 321 professional games, a majority of which were played in the ECHL. A 6-foot-1, 200-pound defenseman, Wilson most recently played overseas for the Nottingham Panthers in the British Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL) where he accounted for 28 points (6-2228) in 54 games played.
"Brock brings great experience and will give us added depth on the blueline," said Hillman. "It may take him a few games to get his timing back but once he does he will add an offensive punch to our defensive core. He is a good team guy, battles very hard and plays the game with an abrasive attitude which should fit in very nicely with our hockey club. He is the kind of defensemen we have been patiently searching for."
Playing in his sixth professional season, Wilson played the previous three seasons in the ECHL with four different teams (Augusta, Dayton, Toledo, Utah). He played the majority of his rookie season with the International Hockey League's (IHL) Flint Generals. Overall, he has 109 points (20-89109) and 514 penalty minutes in 321 games played.
Hillman also commented on the suspension of J.P. Testwuide, "JP is a valuable member of our hockey club. Although he has some commitments he must fulfill outside of the game, he is doing what he can to be part of this organization down the stretch, and we hope to see him in a Mavericks' sweater again in the future."
Missouri travels to Fort Worth to take on the Fort Worth Brahmas on Friday, Feb. 22. The Zooperstars! will be in attendance for the Mavericks' next home game against the Wichita Thunder on Saturday, Feb. 23 at Independence Events Center. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or by heading to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. Parking is always free at Independence Events Center. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2013
- Rush Catapult into Fourth Place After 2-1 Triumph in Bloomington - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Trip Blaze in Defensive Affair - Bloomington Blaze
- Allen Americans Fans Follow the Team Everywhere - Allen Americans
- Sundogs Help Raise Funds for Fallen Lieutenant - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Brock Wilson - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Jersey Sponsor Solutions Automotive Has a Deal for You - Allen Americans
- Gale Called up to AHL's Lake Erie Monsters - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12