Mavericks Place Courtney on IR, Turnbul on Team Suspension
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' head coach Scott Hillman announced Sunday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has placed forward Andrew Courtney on the 14-day injured reserve. Hillman has also placed forward Podge Turnbull on team suspension as he has decided to leave the team to play in England.
Courtney joins Mavericks' forward Ryan Jardine on the injured reserve. He has 25 points (11-1425) in 33 games played this season.
Before being placed on team suspension, Turnbull finished with 14 points (6-814) in 25 games played.
The Mavericks are in Bloomington today for a 4:05 p.m. game before the team plays three games at home next week. Missouri will host Denver on Tuesday, Feb.12, Bloomington on Friday, Feb 15 and Allen on Saturday Feb. 16. Tickets on are sale via Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or by heading to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. Parking is always free at Independence Events Center. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2013
- Mavericks Win Second Straight, 6-3, over Blaze - Kansas City Mavericks
- Schaafsma's Hat-Trick Buries Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Blaze Drop Matinee to Mavericks - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks Place Courtney on IR, Turnbul on Team Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa