Mavericks Add Four to Pre-Season Roster
Independence, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Wednesday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has signed forwards Joseph Harcarik, Devin Mantha and defensemen Christian Fosse, Michal Pastor to try-out contracts for the 2013-14 season. The Mavericks are currently at 23 players signed to their pre-season roster.
Harcharik, 25 (7/26/88), spent the majority of last season with the Mississippi Surge of the Southern Professional League (SPHL) ending the season with 18 points (9-918) in 31 games. Prior to Mississippi, he played for the Laredo Bucks, formerly in the CHL. He totaled 19 points (7-1219) in 63 games with the Bucks. The 6-foot, 183 pound forward spent two seasons, 2009-2011, at Robert Morris University in Pennsylvania where he had 4 points (2-24) in 17 games. Before college, Harcharik played four seasons, 2005-2009, in Iowa playing for the Northern Iowa Outlaw of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) tallying 143 points (65-78-134) in 175 games.
Mantha, 24, (3/8/89) spent the past four seasons splitting time between the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and Miami University in Ohio. He finished his college career with 34 points (13-2134) in 82 games. Prior to college, the 6-foot-1, 190 pound forward spend two years with the Orangeville Crushers in the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He racked up 77 points (34-4377) in 98 games while in Orangeville.
Fosse, 20 (8/21/93), who hails from Lillehammer, Norway has played 46 games in Norway's top professional league over the last 3 season and also played 75 games with the junior program in Lillehammer where he had 59 points (17-4259).
Pastor, 21 (7/1/92), another European signing from Kosice, Slovakia spent last season and the majority of the previous seasons with the Topeka Roadrunners where he amassed 41 points (8-3341) in 87 games. In the 2010-11 season, the 6-foot, 208 pound defenseman won the Greater Metro Junior A Hockey League (GMHL) Championship with the Elliot Lake Bobcats. In that season, he totaled 36 points (9-2736) in 37 games.
The Mavericks play their first home game on November 2. Individual tickets and Season tickets are on sale now. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 2, 2013
- Allen Americans Announce Training Camp Schedule - Allen Americans
- Oilers Release Training Camp Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Add Goaltender Rimmer - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Add Four to Pre-Season Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Denver Cutthroats Training Camp to Begin on October 7 - Denver Cutthroats
- Beast Finalize Training Camp Invites - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa