Matt Guerra Commits to Robert Morris University Colonials
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX - Matt Guerra announced his commitment to Robert Morris University on Thursday February 20th. Guerra, a 5'10" Forward from Sanford, FL has played two seasons with the NAHL Lone Star Brahmas, a team which has already clinched a playoffs berth. Currently Guerra has recorded the second most assists in the league with 37 apples in 45 appearances thus far.
When reached for comment at the team hotel in Corpus Christi, Brahmas Head Coach Dan Wildfong was quick to point out his own positive reflections on Guerra. "We are all very proud of Matt. He has put in so much hard work over the last 2 years to become an elite player. He knows how to help a hockey club win and this is why he has earned this opportunity at RMU. Certainly he will make a fine addition to the Colonials roster" said Wildfong. "Matt worked very hard at the NAHL Top Prospects Tournament this week, as you may know, scoring a goal and notching two assists" Wildfong added. The Brahmas Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations was honored this week to be named as the South Division Coach in the annual showcase, and accompanied a total of six Brahmas for the Attleboro Massachusetts event.
The Colonials current roster has 15 alumni from the NAHL, including three former Brahmas: Senior Sean Giles and Sophomores Aiden Spellacy and Justin Addamo. This is yet another example of exactly why the North American Hockey League is also known as "The League of Opportunity" in that so many NAHL players ascend to the NCAA Division 1 Hockey elite rank and file.
This weekend the Lone Star Brahmas are on the road in Corpus Christi to take on the IceRays for two games in the strongly competitive NAHL South Division. Puck Drops at 7:05pm Friday and Saturday night. Watch all NAHL games on the HockeyTV app available for iOS, android and web.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Lone Star Defeats Corpus Christi 4-2 Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Shootout Slips Past Bruins, Drop Tight Game to Wings 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Bulls Top Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Special Teams Shine as Bulls Down Mudbugs in Battle of the Bodies - Amarillo Bulls
- Hansson, Finstrom Score Two, West Stops 47 as Rebels Drop Titans - Jamestown Rebels
- Steel Come Up Short Against Janesville at Home - Chippewa Steel
- Hawks Shine During League's Top Prospect Event - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Matt Guerra Commits to Robert Morris University Colonials - Lone Star Brahmas
- Home Sweet Odde - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.