Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew in Game 3 of Round One, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs
ATLANTA -Atlanta United travels to face Columbus Crew on Sunday in the decisive Game 3 of its Round One Best-of-3 series in the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs at Lower.com Field. The match is set to kick-off at 7 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Pass, while fans can also tune-in to radio calls on Star 94 and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 -- a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team's radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
After dropping Game 1 in Columbus, Atlanta responded with a 4-2 victory at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Tuesday to even the series and force a Game 3. Atlanta's four goals scored is a club record for a playoff match.
Giorgos Giakoumakis, Xande Silva, Edwin Mosquera and Thiago Almada each scored their first MLS Cup Playoffs goal in the victory.
Giakoumakis, the 2023 MLS Newcomer of the Year, set a club record with three goal contributions (one goal, two assists) in a playoff match.
His opening goal in Game 2 was Atlanta's 14th header goal of the season, which is tied for the most header goals in MLS.
Brooks Lennon recorded his second career playoff assist on Giakoumakis' goal. The defender ranks sixth in MLS with 67 successful crosses this season.
Atlanta has scored 23 goals after the 75th minute this season, which leads MLS, with eight of those coming in the 90th minute or stoppage time. St. Louis CITY SC ranks second with 16.
Atlanta holds a 5-7-3 all-time record against Columbus in MLS regular season play and a 1-1-1 record in the MLS Cup Playoffs.
The series features the two highest scoring teams during the regular season, as Columbus and Atlanta scored 67 and 66 goals, respectively.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 11, 2023
- Houston Dynamo FC Advance to Western Conference Semifinals on Penalty Shootout - Houston Dynamo FC
- Lionel Messi Called up by Argentina - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Teamed up with Feeding South Florida for Third Annual Serving Those Who Serve Us Event Honoring Veterans and Active Service Members - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew in Game 3 of Round One, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs - Atlanta United FC
- Drake Callender Named Inter Miami CF 2023 Defensive Player of the Year - Inter Miami CF
- Lionel Messi Named Inter Miami CF 2023 MVP - Inter Miami CF
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for November Qualifiers for 2026 FIFA World Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Advances to MLS Western Conference Semifinals with 1-0 Victory Over FC Dallas FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Playoff Run Comes to an End After Suffering 1-0 Defeat to Seattle Sounders FC - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United to Compete in 2024 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- Atlanta United Falls 1-0 at Columbus Crew
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew
- Atlanta United Announces 2024 Roster Ahead of Season Opener
- Atlanta United Partners with SweetWater Brewing Company