Marshals Split Road Series With Generals, Win 3-0
Earlier this evening the Texas Marshals scored three runs in the fifth inning, and that made the difference as the Marshals shut out the Victoria Generals by a final score of 3-0. The game took place at Riverside Stadium in Victoria, and both teams each won a game in the two-game series.
Here is tonight's box score:
Highlights from tonight's game include:
Chase Morris pitching 6 scoreless innings and giving up just 2 hits
Ryan Hill pitching 2-2/3 scoreless innings to earn the save
Saed Mahdi driving in two runs
Tanner DeVinny drawing three walks
Tolliver, Gutierrez, and Khan each having one hit and each scoring a run
After this series, the Marshals are now 3-4 during the 2016 TCL season.
The Marshals do not play tomorrow night (Friday), nor do they play on Saturday. They return home to Graham Field in Plano, and the team hosts the Acadiana Cane Cutters. It will be a doubleheader, with both games scheduled for seven innings. Game 1's first pitch is scheduled for 5:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from June 9, 2016
- Marshals Split Road Series With Generals, Win 3-0 - Texas Marshals
- Victoria Generals and Texas Marshals Split Series - Victoria Generals
- Cane Cutters Win High-Scoring Ballgame with Strykers - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Strykers Rally Falls Short - Woodlands Strykers
- Koestler Wins Pitcher of the Week Honors - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Victoria Generals Win First Game of Series against Texas Marshals - Victoria Generals
- McGowen Hits First Homerun of the Season - Woodlands Strykers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.