Marina Auto Stadium Hosts First Indoor Football Game "Outdoors"
Rochester, NY... The Rochester Raiders host the Chicago Slaughter in Indoor Football League (IFL) action this Saturday, June 5th at 7:30pm at Marina Auto Stadium. This will mark the first time a regular season indoor football game will be played outside. The Raiders are looking to secure a 2010 playoff berth against the Slaughter led by Jerrod Payton (son of Walter Payton) and head coach Steve McMichael. Gates open form this historic event at 6:30pm.
The Raiders traveled to Maryland last weekend and defeated the Maniacs (0-11) 36-9 to get them to 8-4 for the 2010 season. Former Syracuse Orange and current Raiders QB Perry Patterson led the charge for Rochester by running for touchdowns and completed 17 of 28 passes for 149 yards and two additional touchdowns.
The Chicago Slaughter (6-5) broke the IFL scoring record against the West Michigan ThunderHawks (5-6) with the 83-49 win last Friday night. The Slaughter controlled the game and where led by QB Randy Hutchison and WR Reggie Grey. The tandem combined for five touchdowns. Grey had eight catches for 123 yards and WR Shatone Powers finished with five receptions for 63 yards and scored three TDs.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from June 2, 2010
- Marina Auto Stadium Hosts First Indoor Football Game "Outdoors" - Rochester Raiders
- LB Vince Hall Wins Defensive Player Of The Week - Richmond Revolution
- Chicago Slaughter Head To Rochester For First Ever Outdoor IFL Match - Chicago Slaughter
- Week Fourteen Vidswap.com Players Of The Week - IFL
- Roughnecks Sign Former UAB Running Back Rashaud Slaughter - West Texas Roughnecks
- Amarillo Venom Presser Today at Chick-Fil-A - Amarillo Venom
- Rochester To Host First Ever Outdoor/Indoor Football Game - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.