Raiders Triumph in First Round of IFL Playoffs
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (June 28, 2010) - The Rochester Raiders (10-5) traveled to Richmond and beat the Richmond Revolution (13-2) with a final score of 26-24. This is only the second loss for the Revolution, this time in the first round of the 2010 Indoor Football League United Bowl Championship. The Raiders are the only team to beat the Revolution in the 2010 season.
Raiders Kicker Adam Lanctot led the team in scoring with four field goals. Raiders QB Perry Patterson scored on a draw for a touchdown and Willie Givens scored the other touchdown. Rochester Raider RB Jamil Porter led both teams in rushing (8 carries for 54 yards) and receiving (8 receptions for 84 yards).
In what might have been the most important series of the game with 4 minutes left in the game, the Rochester Raider defense held the Revolution on a 1st and Goal at the 3 yard line to keep the lead for the rest of the game.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from June 28, 2010
- Roughnecks Season Comes To a Close with 56-36 First Round Playoff Loss to Amarillo - West Texas Roughnecks
- Amarillo Cruises Past Odessa to Round Two of the Playoffs - Amarillo Venom
- Raiders Topple Revolution in Playoffs Opener - Richmond Revolution
- Raiders Triumph in First Round of IFL Playoffs - Rochester Raiders
- Wild to Host Rochester on Friday - Wichita Wild
- Rochester Raiders Set for Championship Run - Rochester Raiders
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Outlaws Hold Off Fever In First-Round Of The IFL Playoffs - Billings Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.