Marco Angulo Called up to Ecuadorian National Team
FC Cincinnati midfielder Marco Angulo has received a call-up to the Ecuadorian Men's National Team ahead of two International Friendlies against Australia. Ecuador travel to face the Socceroos in Sydney on March 24 and again in Melbourne on March 28.
The camp is Ecuador's first under new head coach Félix Sánchez Bas, who was appointed manager of La Tri earlier this month. Angulo is one of four Major League Soccer players in the camp alongside Diego Palacios and José Cifuentes (Los Angeles FC) as well as Xavier Arreaga (Seattle Sounders FC).
Angulo earned his first senior cap with Ecuador in an International Friendly prior to the 2022 FIFA World Cup on November 12 against Iraq. The native of Esmeraldas, Ecuador previously appeared for his country at the youth international level, having started and played all four matches for La Tri at the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil. The tournament included a 2-1 group stage win over Australia.
Angulo earned his first start with the Orange and Blue last Saturday at Chicago Fire FC, where he notched his first career assist on Junior Moreno's opening goal.
FC Cincinnati return to action at GEODIS Park to take on Nashville SC this Saturday, March 25. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. CT and can be streamed for free on the Apple TV app and over the radio locally on ESPN 1530.
Visit HERE for FC Cincinnati's 2023 home platform match schedule. The full 2023 regular season schedule can be viewed HERE. All matches will air live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV. The unprecedented subscription service featuring every MLS regular season, playoff and Leagues Cup match is available now.
All tickets, including Single Match Tickets, Full Season Tickets and Half Season "Orange" and "Blue" Ticket packages, can be purchased at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling (513) 977-5425 (KICK). For more information about Group Tickets and Premium hospitality options including suites and all-inclusive experiences, call (513) 763-1025.
FC Cincinnati is now also offering a Flex Plan. Fans can select one Leagues Cup match, in addition to two to five regular season matches. The Flex Plan provides ultimate flexibility with benefits including cost savings, no fees and presale access for additional events at TQL Stadium, including potential home playoff matches.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's new official mobile app on iOS or Android for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 22, 2023
- Inter Miami CF Aiming to Extend Winning Streak at Home against Chicago Fire FC - Inter Miami CF
- Marco Angulo Called up to Ecuadorian National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: March 22, 2022 - New England Revolution
- Austin FC, Netspend Launch First-Ever Coach of the Year Award - Austin FC
- Revolution Academy Forward Grant Emerhi Called up to Lithuania U-16 National Team - New England Revolution
- Grant Application for Nashville SC Community Fund Now Open Through May 31 - Nashville SC
- Flashback: Houston Dynamite - New York City FC
- MLS NEXT Announces Expansion for the 2023-24 Season - MLS
- Minnesota United Sign South Korean Attacker Sang Bin Jeong - Minnesota United FC
- Karol Świderski Makes Poland's Roster for UEFA Euro 2024 Qualification - Charlotte FC
- Atlanta United Announces Partnership with PrizePicks - Atlanta United FC
- Austin FC Acquires Defender Aleksandar Radovanović on Loan from KV Kortrijk - Austin FC
- Keys to the Match: Take It Away - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Continue Quest for Records in Return to TQL Stadium Versus New York Red Bulls
- Brandon Vazquez, Pat Noonan Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 35
- 'They Are Champions': Reactions from Inside the FC Cincinnati Locker Room in the Wake of Winning Supporters' Shield
- FC Cincinnati Defeat Toronto FC 3-2, Capture Supporters' Shield
- FC Cincinnati Claim Supporters' Shield in Dramatic 3-2 Win Over Toronto FC