Manchester Monarchs Sign Joel Lowry
Former Los Angeles Kings draft pick comes to Queen City
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Joel Lowry has signed a Standard Player Contract for the 2017-18 season.
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings.
Lowry, 25, comes to Manchester after spending the 2016-17 season with the Ontario Reign (AHL). With the Reign, Lowry scored eight points on one goal and seven assists in 40 games, while adding 64 penalty minutes. Lowry skated in four of the Reign's Calder Cup Playoff games but did not record a point.
The 6-foot-1, 181-pound native of Calgary, Alberta, played three games for the Monarchs during the 2015-16 season and recorded one assist. Lowry also skated for the Reign that season and scored 11 points on five goals and six assists in 41 games. The left-shot forward skated in 12 Calder Cup Playoff games in 2015-16, and scored six points on two goals and four assists.
Lowry was drafted by the Kings (140th overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and attended Cornell University. During his time at Cornell, Lowry scored 77 points on 29 goals and 48 assists in 111 games, while adding 155 penalty minutes.
Lowry and the Monarchs open their home slate at SNHU Arena against the Worcester Railers on Oct. 21 (6 p.m.). Opening Night Packs include four tickets to the game, and are on sale for just $40, HERE .
Individual game tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster, HERE .
Visit us at ManchesterMonarchs.com, follow the team on Twitter: @MonarchsHockey, and like us on Facebook for additional information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 11, 2017
- Tyrell Signs SPC; Hamonic Dealt to Worcester - Wichita Thunder
- Walleye Sign Forward - Toledo Walleye
- Goalie Cal Heeter Assigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Manchester Monarchs Sign Joel Lowry - Manchester Monarchs
- Kolesar Arrives from Chicago Wolves - Quad City Mallards
- Goal Scoring Rookie J.C. Beaudin Assigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Third-Year Defenseman Anton Cederholm Re-Assigned to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Season Ticket Special - No Payments Until November - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.