Mad Ants Take NBA D-League Basketball to Warsaw
Fort Wayne, IN (November 10, 2008)- The Mad Ants announced today that they will be playing the Erie Bayhawks at Grace College in Warsaw, Indiana on November 21, 2008 at 7:00 pm. This is the first exhibition game that the Mad Ants have hosted, and it is the first time they have ventured outside of Fort Wayne to play a home game.
"We are so happy to be able to bring the highest level of basketball outside of the NBA to Grace College," said Mad Ants President Jeff Potter. "The Fort Wayne community has been so gracious and accepting of our team, and we would like to spread that out to the surrounding communities of northeast Indiana. We hope this game will draw in new fans who will love the Mad Ants and the NBA D-League as much as we do, and we hope that they will come on down to the Coliseum once the regular season starts to watch our quest for a NBA D-League title."
The Mad Ants will be bringing NBA prospects Ron Howard, Walker Russell, and their first pick in the 2008 NBA D-League draft, Coleman Collins, to play in Grace College's beautiful new arena, the Orthopaedic Capital Center.
"We are very honored to be able to bring professional basketball to Grace College. The opportunity to host the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants will bring a great deal of excitement to our campus and also to Kosciusko County," said Grace College Athletic Director Chad Briscoe. "We hope that this can be the beginning of a great relationship for many years to come. The Orthopaedic Capital Center is the newest basketball facility in the state of Indiana and we are excited to partner with the Mad Ants to provide a fantastic atmosphere to kick off their season."
Tickets to the game are free for all Mad Ants season ticket holders. For non-season ticket holders, tickets can be purchased for $20 on the floor and $10 for all other seats. Grace College students will have a special section where they will be able to buy tickets for $5. To get your tickets, please call the Mad Ants sales office at 260-469-4667, or order your tickets through the Grace College ticket office.
Mad Ants season tickets and individual game tickets are now on sale! Call the Mad Ants office at 260-469-4667 to learn how affordable it is to see the next generation of NBA stars right here in Fort Wayne!
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2008
- Idaho Stampede Announce 2008-09 Training Camp Roster - Idaho Stampede
- 66ers Acquire Antoine Jordan in Trade - Tulsa 66ers
- 2008 Mad Ants Ball Kid Program Unveiled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Take NBA D-League Basketball to Warsaw - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Anaheim Arsenal Drafts Ex-Laker Tierre Brown in First Round - Anaheim Arsenal
- Single Game Tickets Now On Sale - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Release Individual Ticket Sales - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- NBA G League Recognizes Mad Ants Virtual Basketball Camp
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants to Celebrate 15th Anniversary Season
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce Priority Home Dates for 2021-22
- Amida Brimah Signs Two-Way Contract with Indiana Pacers
- Pacers Sign Oshae Brissett to 10-Day Contract