MacDonald Earns IHL Honor
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - Craig Macdonald of the Bloomington PrairieThunder has been named the Player of the Week by the International Hockey League, it was announced Monday by league officials.
The 27-year-old Macdonald scored five points on two goals and three assists to help the PrairieThunder earn two victories. His efforts also allowed Bloomington to move its winning streak to three games and into a first place tie in the IHL standings with Port Huron and Fort Wayne with a 4-2 record.
Macdonald scored the team's first short-handed goal of the season on Friday in a 5-4 victory over Fort Wayne. He also had assists on two power play goals for a three-point night.
The Milton, Ontario native followed that performance with a two-point effort on Saturday in a 3-2 victory over Flint. Macdonald had a power play goal that turned out to be the game-winner and an assist. He also finished the two-game weekend with a plus 1 rating.
Macdonald finished the month of October tied for first in the league in scoring with nine points on two goals and seven assists in six games. He also had a plus 4 rating and has scored multiple points three times this year.
The IHL honor marked the second time a PrairieThunder player has been recognized in as many weeks. Goalie Paulo Colaiacovo was the league's top goaltender last week.
Bloomington returns to action Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. at U.S. Cellular Coliseum against Quad City. Tickets for all PrairieThunder games are available at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum box office, calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or 309-585-0507, ext. 304.
*Thunder trades Granbois' rights*
PrairieThunder coach Jarrod Skalde announced Monday that the rights of forward Travis Granbois have been traded to Quad City for future considerations. Granbois played with the PrairieThunder last season and the team still held his rights in the IHL.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 2, 2009
- Komets Split For Share Of First Place; Boucher, DeAngelis IHL Players Of Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Special Teams Highlighted Friday Contest - IHL 2
- MacMillan and Big Snake Suspended - IHL 2
- IHL Announces Weekly Honors - IHL 2
- Generals Make Early November Moves - Flint Generals
- MacDonald Earns IHL Honor - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- PrairieThunder in First, Face Tough Stretch - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Acquire Granbois From Bloomington - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Weekly Recap - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.