Lower.com Field to Host Columbus Crew and Columbus Crew 2 Doubleheader this Saturday, May 21
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew is set to host a full day of professional soccer at Lower.com Field on Saturday, May 21 with a single-ticket, doubleheader event. Leading off, the Crew takes on Los Angeles FC at 3:30 p.m. ET in a nationally televised match [UniMas, TUDN (Spanish), Twitter (English) / 97.1 The Fan 971TheFan.com (English), ColumbusCrew.com (Spanish)].
The Crew today also launched a special On Our Sleeves ticket for the double-header, available here. As part of the celebratory offer, $5 from every purchase of these special tickets - which include access to both matches - will be donated to On Our Sleeves, the Nationwide Children's Hospital movement for children's mental health.
All ticketed supporters attending the First Team match against LAFC are invited to remain in the stadium to watch the MLS NEXT Pro contest between Columbus Crew 2 and Toronto FC II [7:00 p.m. ET / MLSNEXTPro.com (stream)]. Club and premium spaces will close 60 minutes after the conclusion of the First Team contest.
Supporters can guarantee parking spots in one of over a dozen garages and lots throughout the Arena district by pre-purchasing passes through this link. There are more than 18,000 parking spaces in garages and lots throughout the Arena District all within walking distance to Astor Park, including 6,300 parking spaces within a 10-minute walk. Parking will remain valid until the conclusion of the Crew 2 contest.
Saturday's match between the Crew and Los Angeles FC is the lone match-up between the two sides in 2022 and is the only First Team home match in the month of May. The Crew was last at home on April 30 and secured points in a shutout, posting a 3-0 victory over Eastern Conference foe D.C. United at Lower.com Field. The Black & Gold are in MLS Cup playoffs contention through the first 11 matches of their 34-match regular season.
Crew 2 plays in MLS NEXT Pro, Major League Soccer's professional men's soccer league which completes the player pathway from MLS NEXT through to MLS first teams. Crew 2 currently sits atop the Eastern Conference with 18 points and a record of 6-1-0. Crew 2 leads the League in fewest goals conceded (3) and is tied for first with Houston in MLS NEXT Pro in goal differential (+8).
The special ticket offer is part of On Our Sleeves Day on May 21, with additional matchday activation details to be announced this week. Last October, the Crew and Nationwide Children's Hospital launched the Wrap Them in Support fundraising campaign, supporting the hospital's On Our Sleeves movement for children's mental health. As part of the campaign, a limited amount of Wrap Them in Support t-shirts are available, with all proceeds from the t-shirts sold in the Crew Shop going to benefit On Our Sleeves. Additional information on the fundraising campaign can be found at onoursleeves.org/crew.
Just last week, fans and partners from the Crew, Nationwide Children's Hospital and On Our Sleeves wrapped the Lower.com Field pitch on May 11, setting the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for longest chain of sports fan scarves, to draw attention to childhood mental health. The record-setting ceremony was celebrated at Lower.com Field. The prized scarf tied together a community wide commitment through the Wrap Them In Support campaign, where all proceeds benefit On Our Sleeves to provide free mental health educational resources to every community in America.
Supporters interested in experiencing the Crew's state-of-the-art venue, Lower.com Field, may do so by purchasing flexible partial plans or single-match tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 16, 2022
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 16, 2022 - San Jose Earthquakes
- 'With this Mindset, Nobody Can Stop Us': a Look Inside the Rapids' Unprecedented Two Games in 48 Hours - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF to Face Philadelphia Union for the First Time in 2022 on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Neville: "We Just Want to Keep Improving" - Inter Miami CF
- Forward Daniel Salloi to Join Hungary National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Lower.com Field to Host Columbus Crew and Columbus Crew 2 Doubleheader this Saturday, May 21 - Columbus Crew SC
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 11 - MLS
- Sebastián Blanco Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 11 - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Upgrades Current Allianz Field Playing Surface with New Hybrid Technology - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Jesús Ferreira Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 11 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Auston Trusty, Robin Fraser Receive Team of the Week Honors Following Shutout over LAFC - Colorado Rapids
- Jeremy Ebobisse Selected to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Maxime Chanot: "A Special Feeling Convinced Me to Join New York City FC." - New York City FC
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastián Blanco Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 11 - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Releases Custom, Limited Edition T-Shirt Collection in Celebration of AAPI Month - Los Angeles FC
- New York City Football Club Defender Maxime Chanot Signs New Three-Year Contract - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Rapids' Defense Remains Steadfast in Trials at Altitude - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF to Host Bitcoin Pizza Day Presented by XBTO at DRV PNK Stadium on May 22 - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Homegrown Goalkeeper, Naperville Native Chris Brady to New Contract - Chicago Fire FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Signs Columbus Crew 2 Forward Jacen Russell-Rowe
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field the Place to be for Holiday Weekend on July 1 & 3
- Columbus Crew Acquires 23-Year-Old Forward Juan Camilo "Cucho" Hernandez in Record Transaction
- Columbus Crew Names Heidi Dettmer as Chief Marketing Officer
- Columbus Crew Celebrates "Soccer for All" During the Month of June