Lowell's Kobasew named AHL First Team All-Star
Lowell, MA ...- Lowell Lock Monsters right wing Chuck Kobasew has been named to the 2005 American Hockey League First All-Star Team, the league announced on Thursday.
The 14th overall pick in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, Kobasew, 22, is tied for second in the league with 37 goals to go with 34 assists for 71 points in 73 games, and leads the AHL with his plus-34 rating and 11 game-winning goals. Kobasew currently owns the Lock Monsters single season goal scoring mark, and stands second to teammate Eric Staal, for the single season point scoring mark. After reaching the Stanley Cup Final with the Calgary Flames in 2004, Chuck Kobasew has joined Staal and Colin Forbes in Lowell to form one of the top lines in the AHL this season.
Joining Kobasew on the First All-Star Team are Rochester goaltender Ryan Miller, Chicago defenseman Travis Roche, Grand Rapids defenseman Niklas Kronwall, Milwaukee left wing Simon Gamache, and Binghamton center Jason Spezza,
The Second All-Star Team consists of Chicago goaltender Kari Lehtonen, Milwaukee defenseman Dan Hamhuis, Binghamton defenseman Brian Pothier, Chicago right wing J.P. Vigier, Providence left wing Andy Hilbert and Manchester center Mike Cammalleri.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2005
- Wolf Pack recall MacIntyre - Connecticut Whale
- Gamache, Hamhuis Name to AHL All-Star Teams - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- Bruins back on ice Friday - Providence Bruins
- Ryan Miller Named a First Team All Star - Rochester Americans
- Fan Appreciation Night to feature block party - Houston Aeros
- Aeros playoff tickets go on sale Saturday - Houston Aeros
- Cammalleri Earns AHL Second Team All-Star Honors - Manchester Monarchs
- Bruins' Hilbert named an AHL All-Star - Providence Bruins
- Lowell's Kobasew named AHL First Team All-Star - Albany Devils
- Wolves Trio Earn All-Star Honors - Chicago Wolves
- Kronwall named AHL First Team All-Star - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2004-05 AHL All-Star Teams announced - AHL
- Pirates Sign Chris Bourque, Son of NHL Legend Ray Bourque - Portland Pirates
- Scotty Bowman caps off "Grand Finale Weekend" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Church Night at the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Lowell's Cam Ward named to 2004-05 AHL All Rookie Team - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Dave Karpa Signed to P.T.O. - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch edge Moose in thriller - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.