Pirates Sign Chris Bourque, Son of NHL Legend Ray Bourque
PORTLAND, ME- The Portland Pirates have signed center Chris Bourque to an amateur try-out agreement (ATO), it was announced today by Head Coach Tim Army. He will join the Pirates today and remain with the club through the team's final six games of the regular season.
Bourque, 19, was selected by the Washington Capitals in the second round, 33rd overall, in the 2004 Entry Draft. The 5' 7", 175-pound Boston native appeared in 35 games for Boston University this season, recording 10 goals and 13 assists, and ranked fifth on the team in scoring with 23 points. He also led the Terriers in shots (115) and ranked second in penalty minutes (50). Bourque was selected for the Hockey East All-Rookie Team and represented the United States at the 2005 World Junior Hockey Championships, recording one goal and one assist in three games.
Prior to joining Boston University, Bourque attended Cushing Academy and in two seasons, appeared in 59 games and recorded 68 goals and 79 assists for 147 points. His father is former NHL defenseman Ray Bourque.
The Pirates return to action this Friday at the Cumberland County Civic Center against the Manchester Monarchs at 8:05 p.m. Tickets start at just $6! For tickets, call the Civic Center box office at (207) 775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2005
- Wolf Pack recall MacIntyre - Connecticut Whale
- Gamache, Hamhuis Name to AHL All-Star Teams - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- Bruins back on ice Friday - Providence Bruins
- Ryan Miller Named a First Team All Star - Rochester Americans
- Fan Appreciation Night to feature block party - Houston Aeros
- Aeros playoff tickets go on sale Saturday - Houston Aeros
- Cammalleri Earns AHL Second Team All-Star Honors - Manchester Monarchs
- Bruins' Hilbert named an AHL All-Star - Providence Bruins
- Lowell's Kobasew named AHL First Team All-Star - Albany Devils
- Wolves Trio Earn All-Star Honors - Chicago Wolves
- Kronwall named AHL First Team All-Star - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 2004-05 AHL All-Star Teams announced - AHL
- Pirates Sign Chris Bourque, Son of NHL Legend Ray Bourque - Portland Pirates
- Scotty Bowman caps off "Grand Finale Weekend" - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Church Night at the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Lowell's Cam Ward named to 2004-05 AHL All Rookie Team - Albany Devils
- Defenseman Dave Karpa Signed to P.T.O. - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch edge Moose in thriller - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.