LouCity's Hackworth Named USL Coach of the Month
Louisville City FC's John Hackworth has been voted the USL Championship's Coach of the Month for September/October, earning the award after leading his side to a perfect run in the final weeks of the regular season to finish with the best record in the Eastern Conference.
Hackworth's side claimed victory in its last six games of the regular season, earning a pair of victories apiece against rivals Indy Eleven and Saint Louis FC to surge to the top of Group E. The side's defensive record was stellar, conceding only three goals across the six games while notching 15 goals as it found its best form of the season ahead of the 2020 USL Championship Playoffs.
"While I appreciate the recognition, the players and our entire staff deserve this," said Hackworth. "When you're working well collectively and things are going right, it's a reflection of the whole group."
LouCity will host Saint Louis FC in the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the 2020 Championship Playoffs on Saturday night at Lynn Family Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET with the game on WBKI/The CW, AM 840 WHAS and ESPN+.
The USL Championship's Coach of the Month award is voted upon by the USL Championship National Media Panel and the USL Championship Technical Committee, with both groups responsible for 50 percent of the overall vote.
Hackworth received 67 percent of the vote to earn this monthly award for the first time since taking the helm at LouCity during the 2018 Championship season. San Diego Loyal SC's Landon Donovan finished second on 20 percent after leading his side to an undefeated record on the field in the expansion side's final month of its inaugural season, while FC Tulsa's Michael Nsien finished third on 10 percent after his side went undefeated and won its final three games of the regular season to earn a first playoff berth since 2017.
Images from this story
Louisville City FC Coach John Hackworth
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 14, 2020
- Micron and Republic FC Provides Huge Assist to San Juan Unified Students - Sacramento Republic FC
- Reno 1868 FC Raises Capacity from 250 to 700 - Reno 1868 FC
- Lynn Family Stadium Selected as College Cup Host Site - Louisville City FC
- Railyards Stadium Awarded 2024 Men's College Cup and 2025 Women's College Cup - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville's Hackworth Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - USL
- LouCity's Hackworth Named USL Coach of the Month - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina Football Club Partners with Reed and Feed and NCFC Youth for Food Drive - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- ECNL Launches Super Cup, a Robust 'First Team' Platform for Nation's Top Players
- Academy Partners with 91st Minute Training on Soccer-Specific Conditioning
- U.S. Youth International Watts Re-Ups with LouCity
- McCabe to Continue Unprecedented Run with LouCity
- Leading Scorer Lancaster Staying with LouCity on Multiyear Deal