Railyards Stadium Awarded 2024 Men's College Cup and 2025 Women's College Cup
Sacramento, Calif. - Earlier today, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) announced that Sacramento will serve as the host for the 2024 Men's and 2025 Women's College Cup - the semifinals and finals for the national championship tournaments. The single elimination tournaments will welcome the top four teams in college soccer on Dec. 13 and 15 in 2024, and Dec. 5 and 7 in 2025. Fans can sign-up to receive updates and join a waitlist for ticketing at MLS2Sac.com/railyards-stadium/ncaa.
"This has always been about building a better Sacramento through the beautiful game." said Sacramento Republic FC President and COO Ben Gumpert. "We're excited to welcome the NCAA, student-athletes and their families, and soccer fans from around the country to our indomitable city. Today's announcement is just the beginning of our vision to create an active and open stadium for the entire region to enjoy."
"The Railyards Stadium and community investment by Republic FC is already beginning to create returns for Sacramento," said Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg. "Hosting the College Cup will showcase our wonderful city to new audiences and create new economic activity. "
"We are thrilled that the NCAA continues to see Sacramento as an ideal location for so many of its important events," said Visit Sacramento President & CEO Mike Testa. "Sporting events provide fun and excitement for our community, but they also serve as crucial drivers of tourism spending. When competitions come to town, they bring along sometimes hundreds of athletes, coaches, staff, their families and fans. These visitors stay overnight in our hotels, eat in our local restaurants, shop in local stores, frequent our attractions, and much more. This kind of economic support will be crucial in helping Sacramento hospitality businesses get back on their feet post-pandemic."
Railyards Stadium will serve as Sacramento Republic FC's new home when the team enters Major League Soccer in 2023. With the support of Major League Soccer, Republic FC have adjusted their construction timeline to be flexible in responding to the impact of the pandemic on Sacramento, as well as in the sports industry. Planning for the 20,000+ seat, soccer-specific stadium is in its final stages, with groundbreaking to come in next few months. The 31-acre stadium and entertainment district site anchors the largest urban infill project in the country and will also host Men's and Women's National team games, friendlies, concerts, festivals and plenty of other sporting, civic and family events.
For more information about Railyards Stadium and the 2024 and 2025 College Cup, visit MLS2Sac.com.
For renderings of the stadium, visit https://sacramentorepublicfc.box.com/s/xl45tfnmoktuws143qk0tlr1s4kg3du5
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 14, 2020
- Micron and Republic FC Provides Huge Assist to San Juan Unified Students - Sacramento Republic FC
- Reno 1868 FC Raises Capacity from 250 to 700 - Reno 1868 FC
- Lynn Family Stadium Selected as College Cup Host Site - Louisville City FC
- Railyards Stadium Awarded 2024 Men's College Cup and 2025 Women's College Cup - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville's Hackworth Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - USL
- LouCity's Hackworth Named USL Coach of the Month - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina Football Club Partners with Reed and Feed and NCFC Youth for Food Drive - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Returning for 2021: Wheeler-Omiunu Bringing Some Bite to SRFC Midfield
- Around the Leagues: Holiday Weekend Showcasing Great Slate of Soccer
- Returning for 2021: Villarreal Patrols, Protects Central Pitch
- Team Store Website to Help with Holiday Gift Needs
- Returning for 2021: Diaz's Calming Presence Anchors the Defense