LouCity Signs Local Goalkeeper Kron to Academy Deal
Louisville City FC has signed goalkeeper Alex Kron to a USL Academy contract, making the 16-year-old available for selection in Friday night's game against FC Tulsa.
A St. Xavier High School junior, Kron is eligible to train with and play for the professional side on an academy deal while maintaining amateur status. He emerged as an option for LouCity during its highly successful first USL Academy League season earlier this summer, with the squad serving as a proving ground for promising players to see advanced competition.
"Alex has consistently impressed us both in training and in our USL Academy League games," said head coach Danny Cruz. "We believe he has a bright future ahead of him, and we are looking forward to playing a role in his continued development.
"This signing is also a testament to the hard work that our academy staff continues to put in on a daily basis. It's an exciting moment to welcome another academy signing into the first team rotation."
Kron is expected to back up starting goalkeeper Parker Siegfried on Friday as LouCity deals with a lack of depth between the posts.
"It's great to be a part of the hometown team that I grew up supporting," Kron said. "I'm excited to get out there with all the guys and experience the fans because I was once a fan."
Images from this story
Louisville City FC Academy goalkeeper Alex Kron
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 3, 2021
- El Paso Locomotive FC Ends Level, 2-2, with Orange County SC - El Paso Locomotive FC
- LouCity Lacks Finishing Touch in Loss to FC Tulsa - Louisville City FC
- FC Tulsa Pulls off Big Victory at Louisville City FC - FC Tulsa
- Rowdies Drop Three on Oakland to Win Third Straight - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Roots Fall to 2020 Eastern Conference Champion Rowdies on the Road - Oakland Roots
- T-Minus 2 Days Until $5,000 Cash Drop - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Memphis Set for Fourth and Final Meeting with Birmingham - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: Republic FC v Las Vegas Lights FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at San Antonio FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Toros to Host Loudoun United - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- LouCity Signs Local Goalkeeper Kron to Academy Deal - Louisville City FC
- Rio Grande Valley FC Acquires Emilio Ycaza Via Transfer - Austin Bold FC
- 3 Things: #SAvPIT - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Real Monarchs Sign 16-Year-Old Goalkeeper Gavin Beavers - Real Monarchs SLC
- Hartford Head to New Jersey for Final Matchup with RBII - Hartford Athletic
- Match Preview: Legion FC at Memphis 901 FC - Saturday, September 4 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Frank Lopez Loaned to RGV for Remainder of Season - OKC Energy FC
- RGV FC Reinforces with Lopez and Ycaza Additions - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC vs. PIT - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs. Indy Eleven - Atlanta United 2
- Tacoma Defiance Beats Las Vegas Lights FC 2-1, Stays Unbeaten at Home - Tacoma Defiance
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- LouCity Star Gomez up for Multiple USL Championship Awards
- Trio of LouCity Standouts Named to USL Championship All-League Teams
- LouCity Surrenders Lead in Conference Final Loss to Tampa Bay
- What to Watch for with LouCity at the Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Free Butchertown Block Party to Kick off NWSL Championship Weekend