LouCity Partners with Daktronics for Lynn Family Stadium
When Louisville City Football Club's sparkling new stadium opens in 2020, supports will be treated to eight LED displays from Daktronics, the leader in integrated LED super systems for professional sports teams in America.
Lynn Family Stadium, LouCity's new soccer-specific stadium with seating for over 11,000 and a capacity of 14,000, will feature an impressive 40 foot by 72.5-foot main video display in the Waterfront Supporter Zone along with seven more displays aimed at making the supporter experience top-notch.
"We want Lynn Family Stadium to be a great experience for our supporters and having top-quality LED displays is crucial to the fan experience," LouCity President Brad Estes said. "The sightlines in our new soccer-specific stadium are second to none and our Daktronics displays will enhance the game-day experience."
The main display features 13HD pixel layout and is capable of variable content zoning to display multiple zones of content - stats, replay, video features, and scores - during pre-match activities while focusing on displaying live video during the match.
"We're excited for the Boys in Purple to take the field in their new venue for the first time in 2020," said Trent Poelker, Daktronics sales representative. "Daktronics prides itself in making every moment matter for all spectators on the biggest stages in sports, including matches at LouCity's new home. LouCity is one of the most successful clubs in American soccer and we're honored to be a part of their new home."
In addition to the main video board, two additional displays will be installed to the left and right of the main display. They measure 40 feet high by 14.5 feet wide and feature 16-millimeter line spacing to show supplemental information to the main display.
On the backside of the main display, a rear-facing display measures 24 feet high by 49 feet wide and features 16-millimeter line spacing. Two ribbon displays measure nearly 4 feet high by 25 feet wide along the seating fascia. Surrounding the playing field, a pitch-perimeter display measuring 3 feet high by 495 feet wide and featuring 10-millimeter line spacing will be installed.
The final screen, a 14.5 by 25-foot screen located in the beer garden on the northeast side of the stadium, will be available for supporters before, during and after LouCity events.
Season tickets for LouCity's 2020 season are now available. The club recently set a new all-time record for Season Ticket Members after passing 5,000 Season Ticket Members on the first day of the public sale back in September. For ticket information contact 502-LOU-CITY or log on to LouCity.com.
Images from this story
Daktronics video board at Lynn Family Stadium, home of Louisville City FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from December 3, 2019
- Republic FC's All-time Leading Goal Scorer Signs New Agreement - Sacramento Republic FC
- Forward Santi Moar Signs with Phoenix Rising for 2020 Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Birmingham Legion FC Selected as Host of 2020 USL Experience - Birmingham Legion FC
- Republic FC Brings Back Standout Defender Jordan McCrary - Sacramento Republic FC
- Corey Hertzog Headlines Exercised Options - Reno 1868 FC
- Aces, 1868 FC, Reno Rodeo Foundation Partner on Denim Drive - Reno 1868 FC
- LouCity Partners with Daktronics for Lynn Family Stadium - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Exercises Contract Options on Four Key Players - North Carolina FC
- Switchbacks FC Nominated for USL Championship "Best Community Assist" Award - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- LouCity Quartet Name USL Award Finalists
- LouCity Legend Spencer Transitioning to New Role
- LouCity Lands Club-Record Four on All-League First Team
- Soccer Holdings' Speaker Series Continues with 'Race in Voting' Panel
- LouCity Bows out with Conference Final Loss to Tampa Bay