Los Angeles Acquires Dwayne Mitchell from Iowa
EL SEGUNDO, CA - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired guard Dwayne Mitchell in a trade with the Iowa Energy. In exchange Iowa will receive forward Patrick Sanders.
Mitchell, a 6'5" 220-pound guard out of Louisiana Lafayette, played the majority of last season for the Iowa Energy of the NBA Development League. In 31 games including 29 starts with the Energy, Mitchell averaged 20.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.60 steals in 37.3 minutes, earning a spot in the 2008 NBA D-League All-Star Game.
Most recently, Mitchell played for the Lakers entry in the 2008 Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 6.7 points on .619 shooting, 1.5 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 0.83 steals in 15.0 minutes over six games.
Mitchell will join allocated players and former Lakers training camp teammates Joe Crawford and Brandon Heath along with the 2008 D-Fenders draft class, returning players and local try-out invitees at the D-Fenders training camp.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 11, 2008
- Los Angeles Acquires Dwayne Mitchell from Iowa - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Flash Trade First Draft Pick to Dakota For Point Guard - Utah Flash
- Wizards Trade Jefferson to Utah for Brown - Dakota Wizards
- Mad Ants Announce 2008 Training Camp Roster - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt