Lions' Davon Coleman hauls in Performer of the Week nod
(Vancouver) Another dominant defensive performance turned in by the BC Lions not only helped secure a critical 26-23 win over the Toronto Argonauts on Saturday night, but also earned Davon Coleman one of three Performer of the Week nods as announced by the CFL this morning.
Coleman, who normally hits the stats sheet with tackles and quarterback sacks, pulled down a pair of critical interceptions to snuff out key Toronto drives and help propel the surging Leos to their fourth win in the past five games.
Acquired from Hamilton during training camp, the talented interior defensive lineman has been a big part of the club's recent run in the win column with six sacks and 16 tackles over the past five weeks.
The Lions are back on the practice field this morning as they prepare for a visit to Calgary this Saturday to take on the first-place Stampeders. Moving to 7-7 on the year with Saturday's win, the Lions currently hold down the crossover playoff spot in the West Division with key divisional match-ups over the four remaining weeks of the 2018 regular season.
The next BC Lions home game is Friday, October 19 versus the Edmonton Eskimos presented by Canadian Tire.
Single game tickets for all BC Lions regular season home games are on sale including kid's tickets for just $10 per game and the new general admission Beach Party Zone for only $20.
Images from this story
Davon Coleman of the B.C. Lions vs. the Toronto Argonauts
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 10, 2018
- Player Discipline Announced for Week 17 - CFL
- Red and White Set to Welcome Lions - Calgary Stampeders
- Alouettes Acquire Ottawa RedBlacks 2019 Second Round Draft Pick - Montreal Alouettes
- Alouettes Acquire Receiver Joshua Stanford, Second Round Pick from Roughriders - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Acquire Philip Blake and Patrick Lavoie from Alouettes - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Add Int WR Chandler Worthy & Int DB Ronald Zamort - Toronto Argonauts
- Andrew Harris Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 17 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lions' Davon Coleman hauls in Performer of the Week nod - B.C. Lions
- Shaw CFL Top Performers for Week 17 Named - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent B.C. Lions Stories
- Running Backs Coach Beau Walker Departs BC Lions
- Lions Mourn Passing of Former Star Kicker Ted Gerela
- BC Lions Team up with Central City Brewers + Distillers and BC Seniors Living Association to Donate Hand Sanitizer
- Lions Sign WR Tyler Turner
- Lions Make Early Trade Splash; Select Seven in CFL Draft