Liberty Issue Official Statement on Passing of Anne Donovan
The New York Liberty has issued the following statement regarding the passing of former head coach and women's basketball pioneer Anne Donovan:
The New York Liberty is deeply saddened by the passing of one of the greatest figures in the history of women's basketball, Anne Donovan. Anne was a true pioneer in our sport, and her influence and leadership had a tremendous impact on the growth of women's basketball and the WNBA. We join the entire women's basketball community in celebrating her life and extraordinary legacy, and send our thoughts and prayers to her family during this time.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 13, 2018
- Bench Gives Aces Lift in 78-63 Road Win over New York - Las Vegas Aces
- Atlanta Dream Return Home Thursday vs. Fever - Atlanta Dream
- Liberty Falter against Aces, 78-63 - New York Liberty
- Liberty Issue Official Statement on Passing of Anne Donovan - New York Liberty
- WNBA President Lisa Borders Statement on the Passing of Anne Donovan - WNBA
- Seattle Storm Co-Owner Lisa Brummel Issues Statement on the Passing of Former Head Coach Anne Donovan - Seattle Storm
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- Knicks' Kornet, Williams Take In Liberty Game - New York Liberty
- Postgame Notes: Seattle Storm 96, Chicago Sky 85 - Chicago Sky
- Atlanta Dream Drop Hard-Fought Road Game at Los Angeles - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Charles and USA Downs Australia to Claim Third-Straight FIBA World Cup Gold
- Nurse's Game-High In Win Over France Gifts Canada Quarterfinals Appearance
- Charles Leads the Way for USA Victory
- Allen and Australia Down Turkey 90-64 to Advance to World Cup Quarterfinals
- Charles and USA Earn Hard-Fought 100-88 Win over China