Legends Zapped by Charge
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (6-6) dropped a close match to the Canton Charge (4-7) 107-110.
Jameel Warney came out on fire in the first, grabbing 13 points, 6 boards for the Legends, but the Charge used a balanced attack to come out on top 34-31. Canton stretched their lead to 11 with two minutes to play in the first half, but Texas streaked through nine straight and went into halftime down by a manageable four points.
The Legends grabbed six straight to open the third, regaining the lead for the first time since the early minutes. The home team's advantage would fade quickly though, giving way to the visitors' largest lead of the night (+13) at the buzzer. Justin Dentmon fired off two quickly to open the fourth and finished the quarter with 12 as the Legends edged closer. Texas tied it up with one minute left but John Holland fired off from outside to seal the visitors' victory.
Texas won on the boards 51-45, but the final buzzer landed on one long ball and the visitors had the advantage outside 38%-33%.
Warney led all scorers with 28 points while tying the game-high 12 rebounds. Johnathan Motley added the game's only other double-double at 24 points, 12 rebounds. Justin Dentmon added 27 points, 5 assists and Donald Sloan rounded off the double-digit scoring with 11 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists. Xavier Johnson came off the bench to tie the leading 12 rebounds while adding 6 points, 4 assists.
London Perrantes led the Charge with 22 points, 7 assists while Kendrick Perkins added a team-high 11 rebounds and 2 blocks. JaCorey Williams finished with 18 points, 7 rebounds while Holland and Marcus Thornton added 15 points apiece.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 15, 2017
- Reno Bighorns to Host Winter Break Basketball and Dance Clinic - Reno Bighorns
- Ryan Krueger to Handle Grand Rapids Drive Head Coaching Duties Full-Time - Grand Rapids Drive
- Skyforce Hold off Clippers in 117-112 Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Zapped by Charge - Texas Legends
- Charge Hold off Legends - Canton Charge
- Fired up Mad Ants Take Vengeance with Win against Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- Texas Legends Summer Camps Open for Registration
- Warney Wraps up 2017-18 Season with Another Double-Double
- Legends Face Rio Grande Valley in Round 1 of Playoffs this Friday
- Legends End Regular Season with Win over Memphis