Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Will Bynum
FRISCO, TX, (Oct. 20, 2017) - The Texas Legends have acquired the returning player rights to Will Bynum in a trade with the Erie Bayhawks. In return, Erie receives the 85th overall pick in the 2017 NBA G League Draft from Texas (via Reno).
Bynum (6-0, 185, Georgia Tech) played 22 games with the Windy City Bulls last season averaging 13.9 points, 2.7 rebounds, 6.5 assists, and 1.7 steals. The Chicago-native was acquired by Erie in the 2017 Expansion Draft. Bynum has 360 NBA games under his belt with the Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons (6 seasons), and Washington Wizards. Averaging 18.4 minutes across the eight seasons, he has maintained 8.1 points, 1.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game.
The G League Draft will be held Saturday, October 21st at 12pm CT. Fans can follow the live picks at NBAGLeague.com or join the Legends' live draft party at Strikz Entertainment (8789 Lebanon Road, Frisco, TX 75034) beginning at 11:30am.
The Legends will open their season on the road in Austin November 4th and will host the Oklahoma City Blue November 18th in their home debut. For the full schedule visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 20, 2017
- 2017 NBA G League Draft Pool Announced - G League
- Maine Red Claws to hold annual Media Day - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Two 2017 Draft Picks in Trade - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Will Bynum - Texas Legends
- RGV Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights for RJ Hunter - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Grand Rapids Drive Media Day and Free Open Practice to the Public - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Jameel Warney Named to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Fourteen Athletes Confirmed to Attend September USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp
- Legends Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Mavericks Sign Daryl Macon to Two-Way Contract
- Legends Launch Mission of the Month Program with Legacy Plumbing