Lead Fades in Loss to Albuquerque
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored three late unanswered runs to come back and beat the El Paso Chihuahuas 4-3 Tuesday night at Rio Grande Credit Union Field. The Isotopes won four of the six games in the series and took the season series against El Paso 13 games to 11.
El Paso starter Adrian Martinez had his best Triple-A start to date on Tuesday, allowing only one earned run in 5.2 innings. It was the first time Martinez allowed fewer than two earned runs in his six starts with the Chihuahuas.
Taylor Kohlwey went 1-for-3 with a walk on Tuesday and has reached base multiple times in each of his last nine starts. The hit moved Kohlwey's hitting streak to nine games, a career high. Kohlwey's .337 batting average this season is the second-best in Triple-A West.
The Chihuahuas do not play on Wednesday.
Team Records: El Paso (44-70), Albuquerque (51-63)
Next Game: Thursday at 7:05 p.m. at Southwest University Park. Tacoma RHP Robert Dugger (2-5, 7.27) vs. El Paso RHP Caleb Boushley (3-8, 5.47). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Timothy Stone to Celebrate "Home Run for Life" with OKC Dodgers and Integris Health Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor Trammell's No-Doubt Walk-Off 3-Run Homer Continues Rainiers Run to Championship - Tacoma Rainiers
- Alcántara's late homer not enough, Rainiers walk off River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Mejia Goes Seven Innings as Aces Win 8-2 in Summerlin - Reno Aces
- Hot Bats Key for OKC Dodgers in 11-7 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Splits Final Six-Game Series with Sugar Land - Round Rock Express
- Bees Spark Rally in Loss - Salt Lake Bees
- Mariachis Rally to Beat Margaritas - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Lead Fades in Loss to Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas Snap Skid
- Tacoma Pulls away in the Ninth
- Tough Start Leads to Loss
- Tacoma Rebounds from Early Deficit to Edge Chihuahuas
- Lead Fades in Loss to Albuquerque