Bees Spark Rally in Loss
The Salt Lake Bees fell 11-7 to the Oklahoma City Dodgers to end a six-game series on Tuesday night.
The Dodgers pounded out 14 hits as eight of the nine batters in the lineup collected at least one. Oklahoma City did most of the damage early, scoring 10 runs against Salt Lake starting pitcher Ryan Smith who lasted four innings. Tyler Danish and AJ Ramos finished the final five innings for the Salt Lake bullpen, allowing only one run while striking out a combined nine.
Matt Thaiss was the offensive standout for the Bees, finishing 4-for-4 with a home run, three RBIs and a walk drawn. Chad Wallach also hit a home run, his third of the year for Salt Lake. The Bees added three runs in the ninth and brought the tying run to the plate but could not complete the comeback. Former University of Utah standout Andre Jackson got the start for the Dodgers and allowed three runs over four innings but did not factor into the decision.
The Bees will take Wednesday off before traveling to Reno for a six-game series. Salt Lake returns to Smith's Ballpark for the final five home games of the season Sept. 23-27 against the Sacramento River Cats.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Timothy Stone to Celebrate "Home Run for Life" with OKC Dodgers and Integris Health Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Taylor Trammell's No-Doubt Walk-Off 3-Run Homer Continues Rainiers Run to Championship - Tacoma Rainiers
- Alcántara's late homer not enough, Rainiers walk off River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Mejia Goes Seven Innings as Aces Win 8-2 in Summerlin - Reno Aces
- Hot Bats Key for OKC Dodgers in 11-7 Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Splits Final Six-Game Series with Sugar Land - Round Rock Express
- Bees Spark Rally in Loss - Salt Lake Bees
- Mariachis Rally to Beat Margaritas - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Lead Fades in Loss to Albuquerque - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.