Late Run Scorches AirHogs in Series Finale
El Paso- In a decisive Game 3 the El Paso Diablos were able to edge out the Grand Prairie AirHogs 5-4 Sunday night at Cohen Stadium. All of the AirHogs runs came in the third inning and they could not muster a game winner. It came down to the bottom of the ninth where the Diablos were able to gain one and win not only the game but the series. Going 3-for-4 in the game and scoring a run was Yasutsugu Nishimoto. Ryan Pineda was 2-for-4 scoring once and driving in Nishimoto and Rian Kiniry in the third inning. Andres Rodriguez drove in Pineda later in the inning and scored himself. Kenny Held was responsible for driving him in. Held and Rodriguez each had one hit and one RBI. All of this happened in the third inning and then the AirHogs were held scoreless the rest of the game.
Starting the game for the AirHogs was Brandon Bargas who allowed three runs on eight hits through 5.2 innings pitched. Bargas struck out three and walked two but received a no decision in the game. Derrick Miramontes pitched one inning allowing one run on two hits striking out one. David Quinowski pitched 0.1 of an inning and Jakob Cunningham pitched an inning each allowing no runs. Cunningham struck out one Diablo player. Justin Dowdy pitched the bottom of the ninth and picked up the loss with one run given up.
The AirHogs are headed back to Grand Prairie to begin a three-game series with the Amarillo Sox. The first game of the series will begin Monday night at 7:05 P.M. at QuikTrip Park.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 5, 2013
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Rough up T-Bones Bullpen, Take Game One - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Pull Away Late, Earn Fifth Straight Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wingnuts Take Opener from Rockland - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 5th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Dip Into Trade Market To Acquire Another Arm, Newark's Kyle Morrison - St. Paul Saints
- AirHogs offer "Beat the Heat" seating for Aug. 5-7 Homestand plus other deals - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Late Run Scorches AirHogs in Series Finale - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs