Landry, Lin Named to NBA D-League Showcase First Team
NEW YORK- Top NBA prospects Jeff Adrien (Rio Grande Valley Vipers), Joe Alexander (Texas Legends), Othyus Jeffers (Iowa Energy), Marcus Landry and Jeremy Lin (Reno Bighorns) were named to the 2011 All-NBA D-League Showcase First Team, as named by a panel of NBA scouts, NBA D-League head coaches and media following the four-day, 16-game NBA D-League Showcase that took place this week in South Padre Island, Texas.
Lin, a 6-3, 200-pound guard on assignment from the Golden State Warriors, led the Bighorns to a 2-0 record at the Showcase with averages of 21.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 3.5 steals, while Landry averaged 21.0 points in the Bighorns' two wins.
Adrien, a 6-7, 245-pound forward who appeared in 15 games with Golden State this season, averaged 25.0 points and 14.0 rebounds in two wins for the Vipers in South Padre Island. Alexander (6-8, 220), the No. 8 overall pick by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2008 NBA Draft, averaged 19.5 points and 10.5 rebounds in the Legends' two games.
Jeffers, a 6-5, 200-pound guard who earned a GATORADE Call-Up to the Utah Jazz last season, averaged 26.0 points in two games for the Energy at the Showcase, and put up 27 points and 17 rebounds in a 95-93 win over the Utah Flash.
Justin Dentmon (Texas Legends), Orien Greene (Utah Flash), Chris Johnson (Dakota Wizards), Jerel McNeal and Mustafa Shakur (Rio Grande Valley Vipers) were named to the Second Team.
Cole Aldrich (Tulsa 66ers), Trey Johnson (Bakersfield Jam), Dar Tucker (New Mexico Thunderbirds), Latavious Williams (Tulsa 66ers) and Sean Williams (Texas Legends) make up the Third Team.
Bighorns forwards Patrick Ewing, Jr. and Anthony Richardson received honorable mention.
Reno returns home on Jan. 15 and 16 against the Texas Legends. Fans can purchase tickets by calling (775) 284-2622, visiting the Silver Legacy box office or browsing ticketmaster.com.
Reno Bighorns group tickets and fan experience packages are on sale now by calling the Bighorns front office at (775) 284-2NBA or visiting RenoBighorns.com. Fans can high-five the players, play a game-before-the-game on the Bighorns court, perform a talent routine and more.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 14, 2011
- Tulsa Extends Win Streak with 113-107 Road Win Over New Mexico - Tulsa 66ers
- Flash Rally from 22 Down to Beat Stampede - Utah Flash
- 66ers Hold off Thunderbirds Rally - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Stampede Undercut in Utah - Idaho Stampede
- Anthony Delivers the Goods - Dakota Wizards
- Johnson's 46 Points Leads Erie Over Red Claws 123-109 - Maine Red Claws
- Two T-Birds Named to All D-League Showcase Teams - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Fritz Relieved as Skyforce Head Coach - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Three Legends Named to 2011 All-NBA D-League Showcase Teams - Texas Legends
- Top Prospects Highlight 2011 All-NBA D-League Showcase Teams - G League
- Landry, Lin Named to NBA D-League Showcase First Team - Reno Bighorns
- Three Vipers Earn Spots on All-NBA Development League Showcase Teams - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Boston Celtics Assign Avery Bradley to NBA Development League Affiliate Maine Red Claws - G League
- Iowa Energy Announce High School Hoops Series Schedule - Iowa Wolves
- Celtics Assign Bradley - Maine Red Claws
- Utah Flash Host Idaho Stampede Tonight - Utah Flash
- Trey McIntyre Project Performing at Stampede Game - Idaho Stampede
- Thunderbirds Host First Place Tulsa - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors