LAFC Draws Seattle Sounders FC 1-1 on Sunday Afternoon
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and Seattle Sounders FC tied 1-1 on Sunday afternoon at CenturyLink Field. With the result, the Black & Gold remain in first place in the MLS standings with a 7-1-2 (23 points) record.
The home side would get on the scoresheet first inside the 1st minute of the match from a left-footed strike by Jordan Morris after he intercepted a backpass by defender Eddie Segura.
The lead would not last long as forward Carlos Vela would level things up three minutes later after getting on the end of a Diego Rossi cross. With his 11th tally of the season, Vela equaled the most goals by a player in MLS history through the first 10 matches of a season.
LAFC returns home next weekend to host Eastern Conference side Chicago Fire on Saturday night. Kickoff at Banc of California Stadium is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, Univision KVMD, ESPN 710 AM, 980 AM "La Mera Mera'.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 28, 2019
- Real Salt Lake Drops Narrow 2-1 Result at LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Shorthanded Sounders FC Earns Home Point in 1-1 Draw with First-Place Los Angeles FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Draws Seattle Sounders FC 1-1 on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Fall to Minnesota United 1-0 at Allianz Field - D.C. United
- MNUFC Gets First Win, First"Wonderwall" at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- Impact Shuts out Chicago Fire 1-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Falls 1-0 to Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo - Chicago Fire
- Sporting Fights Back in 4-4 Thriller with New England - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Team up Once Again with 710 AM ESPN for 2020 Season
- LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union Team up Once Again to Ensure Inclusive Environment for All Fans
- LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two
- LAFC Acquires No. 1 Spot in Allocation Ranking from Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces Complete Season Ticket Sellout for 2020 Season