LaBate Inks a New AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
The Belleville Senators have signed forward Joseph LaBate to a one-year American Hockey League contract for the 2020-21 season.
LaBate has amassed a total of 262 games played in the American Hockey League, splitting time between Utica and Belleville. His past season with Belleville was a career year for the Minnesota native as he recorded 26 points (10 goals, 16 assists) in a shortened 47-game season. He recorded 13 points (8 goals, 5 assists) in 70 games in the 2018-19 season with the Senators. In total, LaBate has recorded 40 goals and 46 assists for 86 points in his 262 AHL games.
The 27-year old took on a definite leadership role with the Senators in his second season with the team. His vocal leadership and high energy style of play did not go unnoticed by the team's coaching staff. LaBate was an alternate captain on a few occasions and he was awarded the 2019-20 Coaches Choice Award at the culmination of the season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2021
- LaBate Inks a New AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators - Belleville Senators
- Laval Rocket Organization Announces the Team Will Take Part in the 2020-21 AHL Season - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- TSN1200 to Provide Broadcast Coverage of All Belleville Senators Home Games
- Logan Shaw Named 4th Captain in Franchise History
- Belleville Senators Sign Goaltender Tye Austin to An Amateur Tryout
- Belleville Senators Announce Temporary Relocation for Home Games for 2020-21 Season
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket February 19th