LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, FC Cincinnati 0 - Saturday, June 22, 2019
- The LA Galaxy (10-6-1, 31 points) defeated FC Cincinnati (3-12-2, 11 points) 2-0 on Saturday night in Cincinatti.
- With 17 games down and 17 games to go, the LA Galaxy are 2nd in the Supporters' Shield race with 31 points.
- In the match, Emmanuel Boateng recorded his first goal of the season.
- Favio Alvarez recorded a goal and an assist in the match. He has two goals and one assist in five appearances this season.
- Alvarez has scored in back-to-back road games for the Galaxy.
- The LA Galaxy earned their sixth shutout of the season in the win.
- Sebastian Lletget started for the LA Galaxy after being injured in the 10th minute of the Galaxy's match on June 2 against New England Revolution. He missed USMNT's Gold Cup campaign to injury.
- The LA Galaxy are now 4-3-1 on the road in 2019.
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto is now 10-6-1 in his first season as LA Galaxy Head Coach.
- Next, the LA Galaxy are on the road to face San Jose Earthquakes on at 7 p.m. PT on Saturday, June 29 at Stanford Stadium. The match will be broadcast on Spectrum SportsNet.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.
LA Galaxy 2, FC Cincinnati 0
Saturday - 4:30 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Nippert Stadium - Cincinnati, Ohio
LA - Emmanuel Boateng 12' (Assisted by Favio Alvarez)
LA - Favio Alvarez 15'
LA - Julian Araujo 57' (caution)
CIN - Leonardo Bertone 61' (caution)
CIN - Nick Hagglund 79' (caution)
LA - Emmanuel Boateng 80' (caution)
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Julian Araujo, Daniel Steres, Diego Polenta, Dave Romney; Perry Kitchen, Joe Corona, Sebastian Lletget (Emil Cuello 89'); Favio Alvarez (Servando Carrasco 69'), Emmanuel Boateng (Efrain Alvarez 81'), Zlatan Ibrahimovic ©
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Diedie Traore, Ethan Zubak, Chris Pontius
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 8; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 3.
FC Cincinnati: Spencer Richey; Fatai Alashe (Caleb Stanko 53'), Justin Hoyte, Nick Hagglund, Mathieu Deplagne; Leonardo Bertone, Victor Ulloa, Emmanuel Ledesma, Frankie Amaya; Kekuta Manneh, Rashawn Dally (Corben Bone 73')
Substitutions not used: Przemyslaw Tyton, Forrest Lasso, Eric Alexander, Thomas McCabe.
Head Coach: Yoann Damet
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 6; OFFSIDE: 7; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 5.
Referee: Marcos de Oliveira
Referee's Assistants: Jeffrey Greeson, Jose Da Silva
4th Official: David Gantar
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 22, 2019
- FC Dallas Earns Shutout in 3-0 Win against Toronto FC - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Seven Games in 1-1 Draw against Real Salt Lake - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Scores 2-0 Win over FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Earns 1-1 Draw at Chicago Fire - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, FC Cincinnati 0 - Saturday, June 22, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United Loans Jon Gallagher to Aberdeen FC - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Western Conference Opponent Sporting Kansas City at Mapfre Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy Select Defender Danilo Acosta in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Process
- LA Galaxy Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2020 MLS Season
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Sebastian Lletget to New Contract
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon