LA Galaxy II Sign Defender John Requejo
LOS ANGELES (Tuesday, March 13, 2018) - LA Galaxy II have signed defender John Requejo, the club announced today. Requejo, 21, had spent the previous three years under contract at Club Tijuana and joins Los Dos with extensive U.S. Soccer Youth National Team experience.
"John is an exciting young prospect that already has a lot of valuable international experience that will be valuable at this level," said LA Galaxy II Head Coach Mike Muñoz. "He's an ambitious, modern day left back in the attack with attributes that suite our style well. He's young and ambitious and I look forward to John getting professional game experience with Los Dos."
Requejo, of Carpinteria, Calif., was one of the most active USYNT members from 2011-13, making 40 appearances for the U-17s during that span. In one of his brightest moments in that time, he helped the U-17s to the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championship. In 2015, he was named to the U-20 World Cup roster and at the CONCACAF U-20 Championship in that same year, Requejo and Cameron Carter-Vickers were the only two players on that team to play every minute of the team's six matches.
Requejo signed his first professional contract with Club Tijuana (Mexico) in 2014 at the age of 18. He was loaned to Sinaloa (Mexico) in the second half of the 2017 season. He made two appearances for Club Tijuana in his time there.
With one week remaining until the season opener, Requejo joins Geoffrey Acheampong and Nate Shultz as the club's newest signings. Requejo and LA Galaxy II will kick off the 2018 season Saturday, March 17 against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC at Weidner Field in Colorado Springs, Colo (5 p.m. PT, streamed live on LAGalaxy.com/2)
Los Dos will host their 2018 Home Opener on Saturday, March 31 against San Antonio FC at StubHub Center (3:30 p.m. PT).
Name: John Requejo
Weight: 146 lbs.
Last Club: Club Tijuana
Birthplace: Santa Barbara, Calif.
Nationality: United States
LA Galaxy II single-game tickets are now available for purchase. Fans save on tickets when they purchase online.
LA Galaxy II Season Ticket Memberships for the 2018 United Soccer League season are now available. Fans can go to https://www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/lagalaxyii/seasontickets to secure their 2018 LA Galaxy II Season Ticket Memberships, beginning at just $102 per seat ($6 per match). Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 15, 2018
- New England Revolution Loan Winger Mark Segbers to Orange County SC for the 2018 Season - Orange County SC
- Defender Alex Crognale Joins Orange County SC on Season Long Loan from Columbus Crew SC - Orange County SC
- Goalkeeper Andre Rawls Joins Orange County SC on Season Long Loan from New York City FC - Orange County SC
- NYRB II Announce 26-Man Roster for 2018 USL Season - New York Red Bulls II
- LA Galaxy II Sign Midfielder Julian Buscher - LA Galaxy II
- Aaron Guillen Inks Deal with North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- NYRB II Sign Six Players to 2018 USL Roster - New York Red Bulls II
- FCC Opens USL Docket at Charleston Saturday - FC Cincinnati
- Orange County SC Signs Center Back Walker Hume - Orange County SC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Sign Midfielder Jack Blake to Permanent Deal - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Final Vote Open Through Sunday to Name Annual In-State Rivalry Series Between Las Vegas Lights FC and Nevada's Other FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- FC Cincinnati Defender Dekel Keinan Garner's Captain's Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Phoenix Rising Football Club Offers Sneak Peak of Proposed Major League Soccer Stadium - Phoenix Rising FC
- North Carolina FC Adds Former College Stars Graham Smith, Cameron Steele - North Carolina FC
- Roughnecks Open Season Saturday in OKC - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Futty Danso Returns to North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- LA Galaxy II Sign Defender John Requejo - LA Galaxy II
- Lights FC Unveils Painted Away Kits, Roster Ahead of Saturday's 2018 USL Season Opener - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.