Know Your Opponent | North Carolina Courage
The Courage have not made any recent transactions since their last match with the Pride on June 1, but they have returned all of their World Cup players since that last meeting. Brazilian international Debinha, New Zealand defender Abby Erceg and 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Champions Samantha Mewis, Abby Dahlkemper, Crystal Dunn and Jessica McDonald have all rejoined the North Carolina squad and are each expected to be available for selection on Saturday.
North Carolina enters Saturday's match riding a three-game winning streak, including a 6-0 victory over the Portland Thorns at Providence Park on Wednesday, the largest margin of victory in NWSL history. The Courage hold a +8 goal differential in that span with their last loss coming to the Thorns just over a month ago on August 11.
Lynn Williams leads the Courage with 10 goals this season, trailing only Chicago's Sam Kerr in NWSL with 15. Williams scored a hat trick on Wednesday in Portland, putting her ahead of teammate Kristen Hamilton for the lead on the squad. Hamilton has recorded nine finishes this season and earned her first call to the U.S. Women's National Team earlier this month.
The Pride hold a 2-6-0 record against the Courage throughout Club history and will look to avenge losses to North Carolina in each of their previous meetings this season. The Courage took the first contest at WakeMed Soccer Park with a 5-0 win and then earned a 3-0 victory at Exploria Stadium on June 1.
Rasmussen College Fun Fact
Saturday's match will serve as North Carolina's third Breast Cancer Awareness Night.
The Courage have recently joined forces with the Pride for their own breast cancer initiative, donating a ball signed by their entire squad to the Pride's online auction with all profits going to Libby's Legacy in conjunction with the Club's first Breast Cancer Awareness match on Saturday, Oct. 12.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 14, 2019
- Heather O'Reilly Scores One of Six Goals in NC Courage Match Celebrating Her Career - North Carolina Courage
- Spirit Draw Reign FC in Dramatic Match at Audi Field - Washington Spirit
- Onumonu's Stoppage-Time Goal Earns Road Draw with Washington - OL Reign
- Orlando Pride Fall to Defending Champions on Saturday Night - Orlando Pride
- Houston Dash to Make History as They Visit Tigres Femenil in Monterrey - Houston Dash
- Know Your Opponent | North Carolina Courage - Orlando Pride
- Match Preview: Sky Blue FC vs Chicago Red Stars at Yurcak Field - Sky Blue FC
- Storylines | Pride vs. North Carolina Courage - Orlando Pride
- Utah Royals FC Unbeaten Streak Ends at Five in 2-1 Loss in Houston - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Pride's Listro Earns First CanWNT Call-Up; McLeod Returns to National Team Roster
- Orlando Pride Signs Defender Phoebe McClernon
- Orlando Pride Signs Midfielder Jordyn Listro
- Orlando Pride Selects Midfielder Viviana Villacorta No. 9 Overall in the 2021 NWSL Draft
- Orlando Pride Announces Ian Fleming as General Manager