Knicks Acquire Zak Irvin; Waive Buay Tuach
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, have acquired Zak Irvin and waived Buay Tuach.
Irvin, 6'6, 215, appeared in 12 games for Westchester during the 2017-18 campaign earning six starts. In 30.6 minutes played per game, the Indiana native averaged 8.8 points, 5.9 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 0.2 blocks. The guard shot 52.8-percent from the field and 50-percent from long range.
Irvin was recently with Abejas de Guanajuato of the Mexican LNBP. In 16 regular season games, Irvin averaged 17.0 points on 53.2-percent shooting, 6.9 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.2 steals.
Irvin is a four-year product of Michigan (2013-2017). He amassed 1,610 points over 142 games played averaging 11.3 points per game. He averaged 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per contest. He averaged a career-best 14.3 points per game as a sophomore. Irvin went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft, and played for the Miami Heat 2017 NBA Summer League team.
Zak Irvin will wear number 23.
After appearing in two games averaging 4.5 points, 1.5 rebounds and 0.5 assists, Tuach suffered a right foot fracture.
The Knicks look for their eighth straight victory Saturday, December 8 against the Oklahoma City Blue. Tip-off at the Westchester County Center is at 7 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from December 6, 2018
- Knicks Acquire Zak Irvin; Waive Buay Tuach - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Knicks' Impressive Numbers Overshadowed by Go-Go's Comeback Effort
- New York Liberty Announce Player Signings
- Garrett and Allen Net 20; Knicks Top Memphis, 108-97
- Seven Knicks Tally Double-Figures to Beat Raptors, 111-102
- WNBA Announces Sale of New York Liberty to Joe Tsai