King Inks Two-Way Contract with Sacramento Kings
SACRAMENTO, CA - Louis King of the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, signed a Two-Way contract with the Sacramento Kings as announced by the team Sunday.
King, 6'7 205, joined Westchester prior to the start of the 2021 NBA G League single site season as an affiliate to commence his second professional campaign. The Secaucus, NJ native accrued averages of 13.7 points on 52.1-percent, 4.9 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 1.5 steals in 15 games. King's 45.6-percent clip from far slotted him first in the league and bested his rookie season. The forward nabbed season-highs of 22 points against Long Island (2/17), 13 rebounds versus Erie (3/5) and four three-pointers made on three consecutive occasions.
King was picked up as a Two-Way player via the Detroit Pistons and then-affiliate Grand Rapids Drive for the 2019-20 season. He averaged 15.0 points on 42.0-percent, 5.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 31 contests.
King becomes the 14th player to receive a call-up in Westchester Knicks' history and the fourth under head coach, Derrick Alston.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from May 3, 2021
- Vipers and Academy Sports + Outdoors Partner for Mother's Day Shopping Spree - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- King Inks Two-Way Contract with Sacramento Kings - Westchester Knicks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- King Inks Two-Way Contract with Sacramento Kings
- Jared Harper Named to 2021 All-NBA G League First Team
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail
- Knicks Acquire Quinton Rose from Available Player Pool