Kennedy and Schaus Sent to Komets
Fort Wayne, IN -- The Komets announced Tuesday that their NHL affiliate, the Anahem Ducks, have reassigned forward Matt Kennedy to Fort Wayne. In addition, the Komets announced that AHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals, have loaned defenseman Nick Schaus to Fort Wayne.
Kennedy and Schaus are arriving from Norfolk and neither appeared in a game with the Admirals last weekend when Norfolk opened the season. Schaus appeared in two Norfolk preseason games posting one assist. Kennedy had been assigned to the Admirals by the ducks September 14th. The Admirals signed Schaus September 21st.
Kennedy, 23, was originally selected by Carolina in round 5 of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. The right wing began his pro career skating eight games with Charlotte of the AHL during 2010-11 before his assignment with Syracuse where he appeared in 57 AHL games (4g, 9a) that year. Kennedy scored a goal and added five assists in 42 games with Syracuse last season.
Schaus, 26, is entering his fourth pro season after starting his career in the AHL with Worcester in 2009. The Orchard Park, New York native skated 45 games with Syracuse (4g, 4a) last season and appeared in 10 ECHL games with Elmira (1g, 4a). This weekend the Komets will skate at Kalamazoo Friday at 7:30pm. Saturday the Komets will return home to host the Evansville IceMen at 7:30pm.
All single game tickets for 2012-13 are on sale and season tickets are still on sale. Single game tickets can be purchased at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at www.ticketMaster.com. Season tickets are on sale at the Komet office, 1010 Memorial Way, Fort Wayne. For information visit www.komets.com, or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 16, 2012
- 10,091 Witness Fort Wayne ECHL Opener; Komets Cap Opening Weekend with 6-2 Win at Evansville - Fort Wayne Komets
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Old Burdick's and K-Wings Team up - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Alum Todd Richards to Take Part in Opening Night Ceremonies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Signs Free Agent Right Wing Yannick Riendeau - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Fathead Giveaway and Star Wars Night this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Riley Armstrong Named ECHL Player of the Week - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - October 16 - ECHL
- Kennedy and Schaus Sent to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Utah's Armstrong Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Meet the Nailers Tonight at River City Ale Works - Wheeling Nailers
- This Saturday: Kids Eat Free - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Forward François Bouchard - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Marc Cheverie Named ECHL Goalie of the Week - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira's Cheverie Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Military Appreciation Night, Sgt. Slaughter and Kid's Day Highlight Weekend for Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.