Kansas City Current Defender Elizabeth Ball Extends Contract Through 2024 Season
KANSAS CITY - The Kansas City Current announced today that defender Elizabeth Ball has signed a contract extension to remain with the club through the 2024 season.
Ball was one of 22 players originally assigned to Kansas City's roster in January. Despite missing a few games due to injury, the veteran defender finished sixth on the team with 16 appearances (all starts) and 1,384 minutes played. Ball led the team in clearances (65) and was second in tackles won (22). On Oct. 13, Ball scored her first career goal in a 3-0 victory over the Houston Dash.
"Angie (Long), Chris (Long) and Brittany (Matthews) have instilled in us that they want to make this the best place to play soccer, and we can see it and I'm just excited for everything that is to come," said Ball. "I am just so pumped to play for this city and the crest."
Ball went undrafted in the 2018 NWSL Draft but signed with the Portland Thorns prior to the season. After making a few appearances off the bench in her first season, Ball earned a bigger role with the Thorns in 2019, starting 13 matches and making 16 appearances throughout the campaign.
Prior to the 2020 season, Ball was traded to the Utah Royals. She appeared in every game during the 2020 Challenge Cup and Fall Series, one of only three Utah players to do so.
After an exciting Inaugural Season, plus the announcement of a new $15 million training facility (opening in 2022) and $70 million stadium (opening 2024), the Kansas City Current are preparing for the 2022 NWSL Draft to be held on December 18, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from December 6, 2021
- OL Reign Acquire Partial Roster Protection and Allocation Money from Angel City FC - OL Reign
- Chicago Red Stars Sign Multi-Year Contracts with United States Women's National Team Players - Chicago Red Stars
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Trades for Two U.S. Women's National Team Icons - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Orlando Pride Acquires 2022 First Round Pick, 2023 Third Round Pick and Allocation Money from NJ/NY Gotham FC - Orlando Pride
- Washington Spirit Complete Trade with Angel City - Washington Spirit
- Angel City Football Club Signs Mary Alice Vignola Following Trade with Washington Spirit - Angel City FC
- Kansas City Current Defender Elizabeth Ball Extends Contract Through 2024 Season - Kansas City Current
- NC Courage Acquire Brianna Pinto from NJ/NY Gotham FC - North Carolina Courage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Current Stories
- Kansas City Current Sign Defender Alex Loera Through 2024 Season
- Two Kansas City Current Draft Picks Named to U.S. Under-23 Women's Youth National Team for Training Camp January 23-28
- Sam Mewis and Lynn Williams Called up for U.S. Women's National Team January Camp
- KC Current Appoints Former USWNT Assistant Coach and U-23 Women's Coach Matt Potter as Head Coach
- KC Current Trades Darian Jenkins to Orlando Pride; Acquires 2023 Second Round Draft Pick, Allocation Money