Josh Prince Earns End-Of-Season All-Star Accolades
JOSH PRINCE EARNS END-OF-SEASON ALL-STAR ACCOLADES
SUGAR LAND, TX- The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB) today announced its 2017 Post-Season All-Star team. Among the players who have earned post-season honors is Skeeters second baseman Josh Prince, who left an impressive mark on the 2017 season and was named the club's Most Valuable Player this year.
The former Milwaukee Brewer tied his career-high for most homers in a season (11), ranked second in the league in walks (85) and fifth in runs scored (75) en-route to MVP honors this season. Prince also led the league in stolen bases with 55 on the 2017 season, shattering Sugar Land's all-time stolen base record. In addition to setting the club's single-season record for most steals, he also became the all-time stolen base leader in franchise history with 79 stolen bases in his first two years in Sugar Land.
Among the players joining Prince as post-season All-Stars are outfielder Sean Halton (Lancaster Barnstormers) who led the league for most home runs this season (26), as well as right-handed pitcher Gaby Hernandez (Southern Maryland Blue Crabs), who ranked first in ERA (2.80) and strikeouts (150) for the season.
The full list of players selected to the 2017 Post-Season All-Star Team can be found at AtlanticLeague.com. The Red, White and Blue All-Defense Team will be announced Thursday, October 12. The Player, Pitcher, Manager and Rawlings Gold Glove Defensive Player of the Year will be announced Monday, October 16. Club Awards, including the Joe Klein Executive of the Year, the Ken Shepard Award for Promotional Excellence, the Ray Cipperly Award for Groundskeeping Excellence, Promotion of the Year, Mascot of the Year, Ballpark of the Year and Outstanding Club Community Service Award will be announced Wednesday, October 18.
Download the official Sugar Land Skeeters app to keep up with the team all year long with news, score updates, stats and more. The free app is available in both the App Store and Google Play.
About the Sugar Land Skeeters The Skeeters play at Constellation Field, a state-of-the-art stadium located at the intersection of State Highway 6 and U.S. Highway 90A in Sugar Land. The Skeeters are a member of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB) and play 140 regular season games. The Skeeters Baseball Foundation promotes youth education and healthy activities lifestyles by providing support to culturally, racially and economically diverse areas of the community. For more information please call 281-240-4487 or visit sugarlandskeeters.com.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from October 11, 2017
- THREE MEMBERS OF REVS' CHAMPIONSHIP SQUAD SELECTED AS ATLANTIC LEAGUE ALL-STARS Harris - York Revolution
- Somerset Patriots Infielder Kyle Roller Named a 2017 Atlantic League - Somerset Patriots
- Halton Named to Year-End All-Star Team - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Josh Prince Earns End-Of-Season All-Star Accolades - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Krauss Voted to Atlantic League Post-Season All-Star Team - Long Island Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sugar Land Skeeters Stories
- Anthony Giansanti Named 2018 Skeeters Most Valuable Player
- Pete Incaviglia Named Atlantic League Manager of the Year
- Skeeters to Hold Championship Celebration at Sugar Land Town Square
- Skeeters Take Home 2nd Atlantic League Championship in Franchise History
- Baseball Lifer Doc Edwards Passes